cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

See my original post, LG BP-350 Blu Ray, Now TV 3.7.5.  There is no option to initialise app,only factory reset which to repeat did what it said on the box, let me in once as it had first time, then repeated the error afterwards, and again as I said no ethernet port on the box.  Box purchased on Thursday and updated to the latest release as soon as I had it connected.

Okay...

From what I understand the LG Blu-ray players don't have the 'new style' GUI. And as I don't have one of these devices I'm unable to offer help.

What confused me is that you have submitted your post within the 'Error code 2 LG TV' topic. And you don't have an LG television!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

See my original post, LG BP-350 Blu Ray, Now TV 3.7.5.  There is no option to initialise app,only factory reset which to repeat did what it said on the box, let me in once as it had first time, then repeated the error afterwards, and again as I said no ethernet port on the box.  Box purchased on Thursday and updated to the latest release as soon as I had it connected.

Okay...

From what I understand the LG Blu-ray players don't have the 'new style' GUI. And as I don't have one of these devices I'm unable to offer help.

What confused me is that you have submitted your post within the 'Error code 2 LG TV' topic. And you don't have an LG television!

Cheers

@SeeMoreDigital,

I have bought some powerline adaptors, as you suggested.

Once set up, do I still select the WiFi network, or something different?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

PMCG01 wrote: @SeeMoreDigital,

I have bought some powerline adaptors, as you suggested.

Once set up, do I still select the WiFi network, or something different?

No... After installing power line adaptors you're no longer using a WiFi ethernet connection. You're now 'wired'...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@SeeMoreDigital.

Thanks.

I see both wiFi and Ethernet show as connected to Internet.

Is this correct?

If so, then unfortunately for me, I still canot watch live TV.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

PMCG01 wrote: I see both wiFi and Ethernet show as connected to Internet.

Is this correct?

Although you're still able to see both connectivity options, you need to select the 'wired' option!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just noticed this thread. I have just reported in the Sports thread. I have a movie subscription which has been working fine. Last weekend I bought a 24hr sports pass to watch the Manchester Derby and F1 and it constantly dropped out and gave me this error code 2.

I have an LG 49UB850V 4K screen that is wired straight to my hub and recieve around 40Mbps BB speed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry about that 😞

I have raised it with the tech team.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry about that 😞

I have raised it with the tech team.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

How about an actual update, and some sort of expectation on a resolution.   It seems to have affected me for a few weeks now, and seems to have gone on weeks before I was impacted too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

PMCG01 wrote: I see both wiFi and Ethernet show as connected to Internet.

Is this correct?

Although you're still able to see both connectivity options, you need to select the 'wired' option!

Hi

Thanks, I tried this, and it made no difference, unfortuntely - I hope NOW TV get there fingers out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code = Something's not right. Give it a moment, or check Nowtv.com/status for updates. Error code 2

I am yet another of the growing number of LG owner's with a limited access problem, I can view live films when I log into Nowtv but get the above error immediately I try to access the on demand film content.

I have been holdling off chasing it up as there are so many others with a similar problem, I thought it would be sorted quickly, but from what I see little seems to be being done. 

To me it appears to be soley a Nowtv problem as everybody seemed fine before the last update, all this about re-setting TV's back to default, wifi etc. etc. is just whitewashing the issue, which resides soley within the Nowtv updated software something which nobody from Nowtv has so far admitted.

NOWTV Please post a statement as to wether or not you are going to be able to fix this problem and if so in what kind of time frame and please stop treating the LG owning community as clueless we all know the problem is at your end.