cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys, this has now been escalated to the incident Queue, sorry for any issues caused in the process we should have updates soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nadia-K

Can you please confirm the process you need to follow to claim a refund of payments for a service you clearly cannot provide. It is not fit for purpose.  

I look forward to hearing from you.

Stuart

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am now experiencing this for over a week, having followed various bits of advice from previous threads nothinhg has improved. I have been using Now TV for over two years and this is the first issue. I have other streaming Apps which work fine on my LG TV. It is not the TV!

When will Now TV do sonething about this, I am at the point of just cancelling my subcribtion and requesting a refund for inability to prive a service paid for.

Please advice status and don't ask me to reboot my router again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suppose the problem is not every one is experiencing the isssue so it’s a case of replicating the error, I’ve had no issues personally.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome to the club Airman.

Don't hold your breath for a solution this has been going on for ages.

I have still got my rather old apple TV attached to my LG and though the NOW TV app on it is rubbish to use (no favourites or recently watched etc.) it actually works.

I do not get the Error Code 2 when using it on my LG.  Ok sort of as a work around but only if you have an apple TV Box of course. 

I am on Fibre to Cabinet and have a good broadband speed so the NOW App in the Apple box is utilised and the signal goes from the Apple TV through HDMI to the same LG TV.

I concur with your opinion and that of many others that the NOW App for the LG TVs is at fault, borne out by Amazon, Netflix, ITV Hub, Iplayer and numerous other Apps on my TV working away happily and of course the Now App written for the Apple TV Box is working via the same TV.

Perhaps if someone at NOW TV can be bothered to look at the coding on the now tv app written for apple they may get an inkling for a fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just saw the post from Nadine K and that would seem to be positive.

The first post on this thread goes back to 2015 or thereabouts so I hope she has "Special Powers Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've returned to see the progress has been zero. I wouldn't hold any breath that this will be fixed. Anyone gone to Watchdog or anything to get this looked at? I find that sometimes focuses companies attention when there's some national coverage of an incident...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tonight every time I try and watch a programme about Vietnam on Now tv I get Error code 2 on my LG tv.  It is an up to date TV 610V UHD and up to date app.  Plus I've reset my router and still every few minutes the programme stops.  I shall be cancelling my subscription if this carries on.  I'm connected via ethernet btw not wifi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem as many others it seems. Can sometimes log in on my LG tv  but crashes to ERROR CODE 2 after a couple of minutes. No isues on laptop and android phone. Frustrating watching live sport. Tried all suggestions such as powering off and on again, uninstall and reinstall - nothing seems to work. Please help !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG Smart TV's and Web-OS have problems with their WiFI, its time LG sorted this out. Their support service is poor.

If you can use a wired (ethernet) connection then things are more stable. Most routers have spare connections for this.