cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

WebOS 3.0
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Here's how you find your TV's software version: -

• Access the 'settings' area of your TV.
  • Navigate down to 'General' and right click.
  • Navigate down to 'About This TV' and click 'OK'
  • The 'Software Version' is stated on the first line.

It's important that you always have the newest version of the TV manufacturers software installed.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

According to LG's web site the latest software version for your TV is 04.30.90 which was released on the 19 May 2017

Have you tried 'manually' updating?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem with error code 2.

Today was a Seriously poor service from Now TV. Stream kept freezing during the Spurs Chelsea game, also kept dropping out saying there was a problem, then could not log in to Now TV. Come on Sky, you've taken my money, now provide the service!!!

finally, can no longer login, jus gives usual error code 2 message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been going on now for months..

We have confirmed that we are running the lastest version and have also deleted and reinstalled the app.

The router is being rebooted on a very frequent basis (Daily in some cases) and yet we are still being faced with "Error 2" issues.. Constant loss of channel and having to return back to the menu just get back to the channel we were originally watching.

Now I understand that we are all responsible to help our providers with continued development of products even after investing in products and services, but it is now beyond a joke that we are suffering a loss of service as much as we are.

I am even on the register of "Beta" testers.. But my patience is now reaching its point of no return.

Either Sky or LG.. No matter who start to give some direction on this matter before we look at other alternatives and/or action.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What's the model number of LG television? And how is it connected to the internet. Hard-wired or wireless?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Was there any ‘official’ resolution to this? I have recently purchase an LG 60UJ750V and seem to get error code 2 every 15 minutes of so. The only way I can get it working is by turning the TV off and then on again. The TV is connected via WiFi, and I have also tried my neighbour’s SSID (cheeky) but it still has the same issue, proving it isn’t an internet issue. Netflix (sorry, I was a lot of TV) doesn’t have any issues so this indicates it’s very likely an issue with the Now TV app, as other LG users are experiencing the same issue.

Please let me know if there was any resolution to this, or if it is pending the next app update?

Thank you.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Error 2 codes are predominately related to 'service' issues. Which could either be down to NOW TV's service or your internet service providers service.

If they persist, I suggest you re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 - 60 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,
Yeah, I have seen this almost, if not completely copy and pasted response. I have tried this already before raising the incident on this forum. I am a network solutions architect so have checked that it isn’t a network issue first. There are numerous other people with LG TVs on this forum page with the same issue and pointing towards an app issue.