cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv you now have over 2000 complaints under lg tv. I have an lg tv and the app used to work fine but now have the same issues as lots of others. Every other streaming servidtworks fine just your that causes issues. Stop with the how is your tov connected BS and get this issue sorted.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am the same issue on a 2017 lg TV.
Worked perfectly for two weeks then code 2.
I spoke to LG support this morning who are escalating it. They say the have never has a single service request or support ticket for this issue, and today was the first they knew of this thread.?!?

I am only getting code 2 on connections via my router (LAN or wifi) - a 4G hotspot connection worked fine. I have tried binding the IP address, stopping dchp taking over, but still the same thing.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been using NowTV for a week on a LG and have just started having this issue. I've just done a reset on my TV and it seems to have made a bit of difference.

I hope I don't have to do that every week as that would be a nightmare.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already I suggest you also re-boot your router (and ethernet switches), as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect each devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's seems to have fixed it for me. Thanks for the help 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lg tv error code 2 please help have tried resetting router
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• When did you start having issues?
  • What's the 'Model' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number of your 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi started about a week ago
Model JL9100
S/W 04.05.50
BT
Wireless
No VPN
Nowtv s/w 2.25
Re booted router
Hope this helps
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi we also have the error code2 now tv version 2.25.0 lg tv 43uh650v wireless tv on virgin media, re booted to no avail. Please can you help
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the 'Software Version' number of your 'smart' television?