cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ERROR CODE 2

Hello, we are trying to watch now tv episodes on our LG tv but 'error code 2' appears whenever we click to watch something! How can we fix this? X
283 REPLIES 283
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
NowTV app version 2.0.7

Although your TV's software is up-to date, the NOW TV app version appears to quite old. Indeed, the latest version (as of a couple of days ago) is 2.20.0.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's interesting @SeeMoreDigital , I have deleted the app and reinstalled it before but that's the only version it will update to. Can it be forced to load a later version, e.g. via USB or something?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
That's interesting @SeeMoreDigital , I have deleted the app and reinstalled it before but that's the only version it will update to. Can it be forced to load a later version, e.g. via USB or something?

Before we proceed any further, lets confirm where you're looking for the NOW TV app version...

Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking at the 'top right' of the screen...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh ok, there it says 2.22.0

The other number came from the LG Store screen for the Now TV app, where it would say update when there is one available.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you tried re-booting your router (and ethernet switches)?

It often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect each devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, done that before

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Have you tried re-booting your router (and ethernet switches)?

It often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect each devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers

@SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Iain11011 wrote:

Yes, done that before

Hmmm...

Much as I hate to say it, it sounds like you'll have to perform a 'factory reset' (which can be found via the 'Option' setting on your television). I have to do it every-so often on my LG TV's when they become unstable. Which usually occurs after a couple of software updates!

Sufficed to say, a factory reset means you'll have to re-tune all your TV channels and you'll loose all your pre-sets. So make a note of them before you give it a go!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Done that already too. Not too much bother as I don't watch live TV anyway, but as a result I had to download and install the updated apps again, so you'd think any version issues would be resolved through that process? Nope. No change.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

You've got me stumpt @Anonymous User,

Normally any of the previous suggestions, either on their own or as a combination are able to resolve any LG TV connectivity issue. 

Sorry Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've updated, reinstalled, factory reset the tv alll makes no difference. Cancelled the subscription. Seems now tv have no interest in resolving this issue.