cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't sign in to now TV on my lg tv

I can sign into the app on my laptop and mobile phone but can't on my tv. Just keep getting message saying username and password not recognised tried many times without success
12 REPLIES 12
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital @commanda6 @4268

Can you guys/ladies recommend anything? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ey @caseyb1993,

Sorry to hear you're having problems @Anonymous User. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• Are you an existing or brand new NOW TV subscriber?
  • If you are an existing subscriber, when did you start having issues?
  • What's your LG televisions 'Model/Type' number and 'Software Version' number?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Product/Service Info.]
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • Have you tried your LG televisions 'Intialization of App' option (if available on your model)?
    [Which can be found via: Support '?' -> Initialization of App]
  • How is your LG television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I am an existing Nowtv subscriber and have been fir 5 months without issue on my lg tv. The issue started 2 days ago and I can't fix it but all other apps on my tv work perfectly Netflix, 5 on demand, amazon etc.
The now tv version in top right of screen is 2.13.3 the app works perfectly on my iPhone.
My tv is only 6 months old LG60 4K ultra.

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I am an existing Nowtv subscriber and have been fir 5 months without issue on my lg tv. The issue started 2 days ago and I can't fix it but all other apps on my tv work perfectly Netflix, 5 on demand, amazon etc.
The now tv version in top right of screen is 2.13.3 the app works perfectly on my iPhone.
My tv is only 6 months old LG60 4K ultra.

Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Are you able to answer my questions please @Anonymous User?

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try updating your TV software. Let us know what version of the app you have on it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My tv has the latest software and now tv is version. 2.13.3

Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

To be fair @SeeMoreDigital he has answered most.
@Anonymous User can remove the app and readd it? Assuming that you have not already tried that.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
To be fair @SeeMoreDigital he has answered most.
@Anonymous User can remove the app and readd it? Assuming that you have not already tried that.

There are still a few questions I'd like answered, such as: -

• The LG televisions exact model number (there's no such model as an LG60).
  • The LG televisions software version. 
  • How the LG television is connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

If the televisions software is not up-to date or has become corrupt, deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app most probably wont help.

Cheers