Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't see now kids on LGTV

The new now kids is not visible on the LG TV APP
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just spoken to nowtv, you can't get the kids on eetv or smart tv only through the box, computer, tablet or phone!! I'm fuming my boys now can't watch any of their favourite shows 😠
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Please see the following post by @Anonymous User hopefully your LG update should be soon

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Offers-Promotions/Kids-tv/m-p/381543#M15376

The  kids pass will be available on EETV boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I spoke to someone on the live chat and they told me there won't be kids on eetv and to use an alternative device!! Helpful! Then said it might happen in the future but doesn't know. I'm quite upset as I love my nowtv but my kids now can't watch their favourite shows and no warning was given
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I'm not NOW TV staff but can you try the following 

While the box is online and still connected to internet, remove the power cable from the back.
After one minute, plug it back in.
Making sure you don’t press any buttons, wait until the green light on your box turns red. Then switch your EE TV on using your remote control.
After a few minutes, it will automatically detect any updates and install them.

Then open the NOW TV app and see if the kids pass appears as a new section in the app. If it doesn't post back and I'll see what I can find out for you.

BicBasher
Elite

Kids is on my LG TV app.   It does appear to be a slow process where it's being added to every device and customer.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, tried that and it didnt work! Thanks for trying to help, if you think of anything else please let me know I'm dreading telling my 3 year old he can't watch blaze!!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I know that updates for some other devices are still being pushed through so it may be EE is also the same and the update is yet to make it's way through, but if I hear anything else I'll let you know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there everyone,

I just wanted to jump in here and let you know that NOW TV Kids is definitely available across most of our devices including the LG TV and the EE TV Box. (Not available on Xbox 360 and YouView Boxes, thanks for the headsup @commanda6!)

If you aren't seeing the Kids section just yet on your device it might be a bit slow to receive the update. Try forcing a software update if possible and keep an eye out for it!

We aren't leaving any one or their devices behind so don't worry about that 🙂

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I know the kids pass is meant to be available on all devices (with the exception of Xbox 360 and Youview) , but I can't see it on my webOS LG TV yet either. It seems to be taking a long while for some people to receive the update. Whether it's a mistake LG themselves have made. I don't know of, tried searching for an update using the software update function on the TV and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and I'm still on version 1.61

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.