cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't log into app on my log tv

Just wondering can anybody help me out. I can't log into my now tv app on my lg TV.its just coming up"oops something's wrong try again later".Now I have it on another lg tv and it works perfectly well also no problems on my phone app.Confused here I live in Ireland by the way. I'd appreciate any help on this. Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the 'Model' number of your LG 'smart' television?
  • What's the 'Software Version' number? of your LG 'smart' television?
  • What's your NOW TV 'app' version?
    [Which can be found by launching the NOW TV app then visiting: My Account and looking 'top right' of the screen...]
  • If you have an webOS based LG television, have you tried deleting and re-installing the NOW TV app?
  • How is your 'smart' television connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
  • Have you tried re-booting your router (by disconnecting the power, waiting 30 seconds and reconnecting the power)?
  • Do other 'apps' such as BBC iPlayer work okay on your LG television?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us and/or the NOW TV developers to work out a solution for you!

Edit: I'm not sure if any of the LG televisions are supported by the official NOW TV service over in Eire yet... 

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi thanks for the reply. The make and model of the TV is LG43LH604V full
hd webos. It's connected to Virgin Media broadband Ireland and it's a
wireless connection All the other apps like Youtube and Netflix work
perfectly fine. We can't get BBC Iplayer here in Ireland I have tryd
plugging it out and restarting it but the same "oops there seams to be
something wrong"msg j keeps appearing on the screen .
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Out of curiosity, when i checked the NowTV Ireland supported devices (this week) according to the help centre guide the LG smart Televisions were currently under trials status.

Are you trialling the NowTV App on your LG smart televisions or is the NowTV App now available to the general public in Ireland for LG smart TV's ?

Unfortunately, i don't own a LG smart TV so i would be of little help sorry (Perhaps have a read of the LG section on the forum which may give you some pointers on what to check or try).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm not sure if it's just a trial but so far it only works on 1 model of lg
tv so maybe it is a trial So frustrating tho I hav bought and changed 3
TVs that advertised the app this week and I still can't access the
content..Maybe it might become available to all smart TVs in the near
future. Thanks for your help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What normally happens when NowTV are in the trial period, they offer customers the chance to be part of the trial before the App is released to the general public.

Did you sign up to the trial on the NowTV Ireland website or maybe the NowTV app is now available to LG smart TV customers in Ireland ?

When you go to NowTV Ireland website does it say that LG smart TV's are now supported (even though you seem to have one of the LG TV's working using the NowTV app ?).

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps has a good point. Are you a Now Ireland customer living in Eire? They are separate services though do have links. Devices are being gradually launched there. If you are accessing Now UK services from Eire then you are unwittingly I presume in breach of terms.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.