cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV App not working on LG TV after update

Hi

My TV updated yesterday and since then I can't get onto my NOWTV. I just get a swirling bar and a small message in the corner saying plugin missing. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm missing not being able to watch my shows as sad as that sounds.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Success!

LG pushed an update to the TV this morning. Software version is now 04.62.13. All services are now working again including Now TV and Amazon.

So, PSA: software version 04.62.12 is bugged on some models of LG TV including 55LM960V. Wait for 04.62.13 to resolve the issue.

Factory reset will not help. You need to wait for 04.62.13 to be pushed. It cannot be downloaded because the LG website is horrifically out of date.

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the info will try now
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Four factory resets later we can conclusively tell you that is not the solution.

I know you say other people's LG TVs are working fine, and obviously they are. But what about our specific model and software version? Could it not just be our relatively rare model (55LM960V) which is affected?

Having tried four factory resets and with Netflix and iPlayer working fine, what else can we do? This is a NowTV dealbreaker for us. It's not worth the subscription price to just watch it on our phones.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Four factory resets later we can conclusively tell you that is not the solution.

I know you say other people's LG TVs are working fine, and obviously they are. But what about our specific model and software version? Could it not just be our relatively rare model (55LM960V) which is affected?

Having tried four factory resets and with Netflix and iPlayer working fine, what else can we do? This is a NowTV dealbreaker for us. It's not worth the subscription price to just watch it on our phones.

Hi @Anonymous User

I've just looked up your TV model and it dates from early 2012. There also hasn't been a software update for your model of television since August 2014, according to the LG website. Which is what makes this a bit strange.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-55LM960V

What error message you get when you try to use the NowTV app?

@SeeMoreDigital as far as I know LG TVs in 2012 still use the old-style NowTV app. Am I correct, or has the app been updated?

I think some from NowTV needs to check whether your particular TV model is still supported because according to the LG website your TV hasn't received any software updates for a long time and especially as NowTV was built into netcast TVs rather than being installed by the user.  This perhaps makes it very dependent on the TV software/firmware.

On the newer webOS TVs. The NowTV app can be installed and removed by the user. Which means it's not entirely dependent on software updates for the TV itself. NowTV are able to update the app itself and people very rarely need to update TV software. Firmware updates are still sometimes required just very rarely.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

What error message you get when you try to use the NowTV app?

@Anonymous User By that I mean does the NowTV app itself bring any error messages or is it just the pop-up that the TV itself brings up.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks loads for your helpful response.

Yeah, it is really strange isn't it? The TV updated its software on 12th December to version 04.62.12! That version number is way above what the website says is the current version for our model (04.60.03).

We believe this TV belongs to the 'Netcast' family in OS terms, as seemoredigital helpfully told us.

The Now TV app seems pretty recent. It changed cosmetically earlier this year. It's the version with the green logo background.

We can run the Now TV app fine. While loading, it says 'missing plug-in' in small writing in the top left corner but nevertheless it runs fine until you need to sign in. If we enter incorrect details we get a message about the details being wrong. If we enter correct details, when we click 'sign in' literally nothing happens. No message, no error, no crash. It's just as if we never pressed the button. You can press it multiple times and leave it for hours and nothing happens.

It would be nice to know if the TV is no longer supported so we can decide whether we want to get an external box to carry on watching Now TV.

Thanks for any help! We have literally run out of things to try. After initially telling us to do a factory reset LG seemed to ignore our second attempt to get in touch saying that didn't work.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks loads for your helpful response.

Yeah, it is really strange isn't it? The TV updated its software on 12th December to version 04.62.12! That version number is way above what the website says is the current version for our model (04.60.03).

We believe this TV belongs to the 'Netcast' family in OS terms, as seemoredigital helpfully told us.

The Now TV app seems pretty recent. It changed cosmetically earlier this year. It's the version with the green logo background.

We can run the Now TV app fine. While loading, it says 'missing plug-in' in small writing in the top left corner but nevertheless it runs fine until you need to sign in. If we enter incorrect details we get a message about the details being wrong. If we enter correct details, when we click 'sign in' literally nothing happens. No message, no error, no crash. It's just as if we never pressed the button. You can press it multiple times and leave it for hours and nothing happens.

It would be nice to know if the TV is no longer supported so we can decide whether we want to get an external box to carry on watching Now TV.

Thanks for any help! We have literally run out of things to try. After initially telling us to do a factory reset LG seemed to ignore our second attempt to get in touch saying that didn't work.

@Anonymous User It sounds as if the NowTV app might have updated on your TV fairly recently, so the plot thickens. It seems Smiley Sad Unfortunately I don't think I can be of any more help to youSmiley Sad

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

The NOW TV app has been updated several times this year for both Netcast OS and Web OS based LG televisions, none of which has caused any catastrophic issues. And certainly not a 'plugin missing' error!

Out of interest... Where did you purchase your LG television from. What's its serial number?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

The NOW TV app has been updated several times this year for both Netcast OS and Web OS based LG televisions, none of which has caused any catastrophic issues. And certainly not a 'plugin missing' error!

Out of interest... Where did you purchase your LG television from. What's its serial number?

@SeeMoreDigital I had to ask the question because the old 2012 LG TV, which I used to use and retired a few months ago, never updated from the old-style NowTV app Smiley Surprised

I now use one webOS 2 TV and one webOS 3 TV

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

I had to ask the question because the old 2012 LG TV, which I used to use and retired a few months ago, never updated from the old-style NowTV app Smiley SurprisedI now use one webOS 2 TV and one webOS 3 TV

With regard to my NetCast OS based LG televisions, I can confirm that my really old 32LS570T (purchased 05 Jul 2012) is running version 2.13.3 of the NOW TV app without any issues. As is my 60PH660V (purchased 29 Nov 2013) and my 32LN575V (purchased 07 Jan 2014)...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem, missing plug in appeared in the top left hand corner after a software update (current version 04.62.12). Opens the NowTV app as normal, asks me to sign in then nothing. I can sign in on the other TV, on my mobile, ipad etc just not on the LG Smart TV I've watched it on for the past 11 months