cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Legend 5
Legend 5

Box v LG TV on Virgin

I am getting Virgin installed soon, only ADSL here and is getting weaker so am changing. Still have Now pass valid on entertainment until February and movie pass valid until January. I currently watch mainly through a black box. I am however planning on getting a new TV. The 29inch LG smart TV has got good reviews on reevoo. It also is relatively inexpensive amongst the TVs over 26 inches. I know that LG have the Now App on, they also appear to have Amazon app. Would be interested to know if any has both an LG TV and box on Virgin Media and which they find works best.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well... I tried Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have Virgin Media cable broadband connected via hard-wired ethernet to three LG televisions around my home. My LG's are pre webOS so they're not as responsive as the new NOW TV 'black' box - but they get the job done.  That being said, from what I understand, the newer LG televisions with webOS are quite a bit faster!

Which's model number have you've been looking at?

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

This one LG 29MT31S it is on the Curry's website. I currently have a 26 inch TV in my lounge. I want slightly bigger but not hugely bigger.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I thought it would be that one.

It's actually quite an old model. And are you aware it's screen resolution is just 1366 x 768 pixels (not fullHD) and it doesn't offer a FreeviewHD tuner. I realise that the 29MT31S currently costs around £200.00 at Currys. But in the long term I think you'd be better off buying a newer 32" full HD model.

Cheers

Legend 5
Legend 5

Not worried about HD. 32 inch is bigger than I want. Also the 32 inch is £120 more. I can't see the point.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well... I tried Smiley Wink

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ha, ha marked that as solution as made me smile 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

Got Virgin installed, the box preferred 5Ghz but does work 🙂 Allows me to access the movies and the few channels that are Now but not on Virgin.