cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apps on LG Smart TV

I have a LG smart TV with the Now App on it. I also have a Now TV Box on another TV. I assumed when I bought the now TV package that I would be able to use all the apps across my devices, but I cannot get any of the Now box Apps on my LG TV  e.g. no Catch up channels etc. Are the Apps not linked to the account and solely on the Now box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So just to get this clear in my head, when I access the apps on the now box (iplayer, ITVHub, All4, 5onDemand, Youtube, Vimeo etc) these are only accessable on the box and are not transferrable when I log into my Now account on different devices like my LG TV or computer etc?

Correct... They are all 'apps' in their own right. None of them are incorporated into the NOW TV app.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User other than the Now app the apps are not run by Sky on the box. That being said you should be able to get iPlayer and Demand 5 as a minimum on your TV. Check out the LG app store for exact apps.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The NOW TV app provides access to NOW TV services only. All of which can be accessed on your LG television and on your NOW TV box.

If you are referring to catch-up services such as ITV Hub and All4, they are not part of the NOW TV service. They are 'apps' in their own right 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello and thanks all for replies.

So just to get this clear in my head, when I access the apps on the now box (iplayer, ITVHub, All4, 5onDemand, Youtube, Vimeo etc) these are only accessable on the box and are not transferrable when I log into my Now account on different devices like my LG TV or computer etc?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Correct... They are all 'apps' in their own right. None of them are incorporated into the NOW TV app.