cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

App not working on LG Smart TV

Just after getting a new LG smart tv. It has the Now Tv app on it so I signed up online but when I go into the app it is just an advertising page and I can't get it to do anything. I have signed up for NowTV on my phone and that works fine but when I go online through the smart tv it says that I can't sign up from outside the UK even though I have signed up and it is working on my phone. Very frustrating.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem. Ive been a Now tv customet for a year, bought a new LG smart tv, downloaded the app and nothing only an advertising screen!! Seriously frustrating after spending the money on a new tv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just bought a new LG for the bedroom Now tv working fine so sounds like an isp issue maybe

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is it still a problem? I had this problem when I first signed up. It cleared itself after a couple of days. Not sure whether it was the update of the app, or the watching it on another device, or just waiting. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought I had the same issue and ended up here, but after playing around found what I think is the solution. From the page where nothing works click left or back and a menu will pop up. Then select My Account, sign in and then click start watching. Hopefully this helps?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

pause, fast forward, stop etc has suddenly stopped working with lg smart remote. It still worrks fine with netflix and other media. There was a message saying Nowtv was aware of a problem and was working on it, but this has now disappeared.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, did this ever get resolved as I seem to be suffering the same problem? Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly this problem. Advertising screen with Benedict Cumberbatch's face to add insult to injury. Tried all sorts. Rebooted everything at least once. Installed re-installed. Blah blah. Any ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  Just signed up for free trial but not working on my TV so will be a total waste.  Does anyone have a solution?  Have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled and no luck.  Have tried all of the button combinations on my remote... no luck.

Is there a fix for this??????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have the same problem with a frozen screen showing Mr Cumberbatch. Tried to redownload the Now TV app but that comes up with an error page on the NowTV site.

no luck so far