NOW TV Team Douglas-E
NOW TV Team

The NOW TV Kids Pass: Coming June 21!

9 97 32.4K

This June, some of the most-loved children’s channels will have a new home with the new NOW TV Kids Pass. That means more Dora the Explorer and plenty of Paw Patrol without a contract, all for just £2.99 a month.

With SpongeBob SquarePants, Ben Ten, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and loads more, there’s plenty for you and your child to enjoy. From 21 June, the NOW TV Kids Pass will have live TV from Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nicktoons, Boomerang, Cartoon Network and Cartoonito. There are also thousands of episodes and box sets available on demand for your child to get stuck into, so there’ll always be time for their favourite show…as long as it’s before bed time!

Kids_Devices.png

And after getting input from parents and kids, our new user interface (UI) is designed to be fun for younger viewers, but also has a level of parental controls for adults to use. This way, you can let them enjoy their favourite shows…without them enjoying yours!

The Kids Pass will feature loads of new tools to make life as easy as possible, including:

• A new user interface with newly designed characters in a fun space-themed environment, guiding the user through their viewing.
  • Picture led navigation to keep things as simple as possible. So shows and episodes are identified by characters, so the user can get to the TV they want, when they want it.
  • New episode auto-play so they can straight into the next episode when the last episode finishes – so no looking for the remote!
  • A favourites rail so we can find out your little ones' favourite shows, getting them straight to the shows they love.
  • Parental controls, complete with Parental PINs to set age-rated restrictions, a screen lock to stop little fingers accidentally changing shows on a mobile or tablet, and an 'escape prompt' to stop kids leaving the user interface by mistake.. In other words, no accidental drifting into unsuitable content!

The launch of the NOW TV Kids Pass sees Nickelodeon, Nick Jr and The Disney Channel move out of the NOW TV Entertainment Pass on 21 June, 2016.

In addition, from today Nat Geo Wild will be added as a new channel to the Entertainment Pass, which will continue to offer exclusive access to shows such as Game of Thrones and must see new show Billions on Sky Atlantic, 11.22.63 on FOX, and Harlan Coben’s The Five on Sky1. Not to mention over 250 Box Sets ranging from Sex and The City, Revenge, Penny Dreadful and True Detective.

Yep, there’s something for everyone.

Kids Pass RGB PNG.png

Labels (3)
97 Comments
badidas
Regular 1

The only reason i purchase NOW TV is for the kids channels (been able to watch grown up tv is a bonus). Are you able to purchase the kids package seperatley or only as an add-on to the enterntainment package?

Either way, i'm not too happy, as now i have to pay more money for (pretty much) the same

samradford
Contributor 2

So the Entertainment pass will be the same cost but with no children's content? And if we still want the children's content we have to pay an extra £2.99 per month?

Will the episode auto-play feature be coming to the Apple TV too?

ath83
Contributor 5

So, you're going to charge us an extra 2.99 for what we already have with the entertainment pass? Not such a great deal is it really, you are removing content from the entertainment pass (while keeping the cost the same) Then asking us to pay more for that removed content

Gavwad
Contributor 4
So I've just bought a load of Entertainment gift passes (to cover me to Christmas) so that the kids can watch the kids channels and now you're stripping those channels out...? Not a happy Now TV customer. Smiley Sad
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@ath83 there is more content in the Kids Pass (an extra 4 live channels, plus all the boxsets).

HappiDave
Contributor 3

Poor show Nowtv, trying to milk more money for the same package! I won't be renewing when current 6 month pass runs out, sneakily done just before summer holidays too :-( 

ath83
Contributor 5

@artesea my 2 year old doesnt care about that. Ent pass was great for the whole family, now its not. 

@HappiDave so true, just in time for summer holidays, so obvious. 

badidas
Regular 1

adding extra channels is a bit of a so-what. if there's only 2 channels, kids will watch those 2, if there are a 100 channels, kids will watch those 100.  Kids aren't actually too fussed about what channels they have as long as they can watch something.  Now i have to pay extra for this privilege. 

dorling48
Contributor 2

Rubbish why should i pay more ? 

I have just got a year worth of Enterainment and movies .  so now i have to pay again for kids ..

Come on Rip Off!   Watchdog here we come ! 

ROCKTHECITY
Contributor 1

Not happy at all!! Just going end up costing as much as the sky package!!!

I have a 3 year old that loves Paw patrol etc and the entertainment pack covered all our needs.

Think after my pass runs out i will sod it off and just watch stuff upstairs on sky go!

Parable
Contributor 2

So will the price of the Entertainment Pass come down accordingly?  Regardless of whether we choose to pay the price for the Kids Pass, you are essentially taking away a large number of channels from the Entertainment Pass and continuing to charge the same price for it!  And is anyone really expecting customers to be excited about getting Nat Geo Wild???

Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @badidas

The Kid's Pass will be available as a separate pass exactly the same way our other passes currently work.  The changes were based on feedback we have received. 

@samradford

The Entertainment Pass is still £6.99. We have added Nat Geo Wild and you will still have access to the best box sets and must see shows. We will be adding more box sets later in the year.

@ath83

You will have access to loads more Kid's content with the Kid's Pass from Boomerang, Cartoon Network and more on demand content including shows from Milkshake and CBeebies.

@Gavwad

Sorry to hear about that, we do advise that we can change the packages at any time, Could always give your extra passes to family or friends to use ?

@HappiDave

The Kid's Pass is a new package with more content available than we have available right now, we have also added a new channel to our Entertainment Pass and will be adding more of the best box sets around.

@dorling48

We are not making you pay any more, as with all of our passes you have the option to dip in and out when you want as we don't tie you into any contracts. Please make yourself aware of the terms of service that do advise that we have the right to change the packages.

@ROCKTHECITY

Our Kid's Pass is great value at £2.99 a month and for £6.99 our Entertainment Pass is still great value, plus we have added Nat Geo Wild today and will be improving the box sets we have on offer during the summer. Remember Sky Atlantic is home of HBO and also ShowTime .

Andy-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Parable

The price of our Entertainment Pass remains the same at £6.99, We have added Nat Geo Wild to our package today and will be improving our Box Sets over the summer. As mentioned above Sky Atlantic is the home of some great shows from HBO and Showtime.

0 Likes
samradford
Contributor 2

Hi @Andy-S, Did you see my question about whether the auto-play feature will be coming to the Apple TV? Also will the Kids Pass be available on Apple TV as the info page doesn't explicity say? Thanks.

0 Likes
Parable
Contributor 2

Hi @Andy-S

Thanks for responding.  I have absolutely no complaints with the service for adults, and as you say, Sky Atlantic has a number of great shows.  However, the bottom line is that as a family with 2 adults and 2 children, I was paying £6.99 a month for a package that suited us all.  I will now have to pay £9.98 a month for essentially the same thing.  When we moved away from Sky I looked very carefully at what channels we would be losing, and it seemed that SyFy would be the only real loss to our regular viewing schedule.  But with the loss of childrens channels, we've got to weigh up the cost again.

ath83
Contributor 5

@Andy-S

"The changes were based on feedback we have received"

I highly doubt you received feedback that suggested you remove some content in order to pay more for it as part of a separate item.

Kids dont care there are extra channels and box sets.

Obvious rip off attempt, unfortunately it's going to work as many parents will just pay it. 

badidas
Regular 1

@Andy-S re: The changes were based on feedback we have received. - did this feedback come from people with no children? I can't see Parents saying "yes NOW TV - please charge us more than we are currently paying"

HappiDave
Contributor 3

@Andy-S not great customer service telling customers to check their terms & conditions! I'm well aware you can do it but as many customers are pointing out its wrong, I brought the equipment and 6 month pass based on content available so it's wrong taking it away or asking me to pay more for it, if I rented you a car for 6 months with unique child seats then a month later took them out and said hey Andy you have to pay extra now for those how would you feel? Then when you queried it I replied hey Andy read the small print Smiley Mad

badidas
Regular 1

i also did think that @Andy-s had gone in a bit heavy. i loved his reply to @Gavwad who had purchased 6 months of passes. Andy replies: give it to a friend. Priceless

Gavwad
Contributor 4
I'm sure my 1 year old will love inappropriate shows on Sky 1.... Ex on the Beach anyone? Clearly now been sold something that isn't as described. Secondly should be informed by email rather than stumbling across it on the forum. And finally 5 weeks notice is no good when you are selling products lasting three months. Surely a longer notice period should apply?
Geeman
Contributor 1
Wow, Nat Geo wild !!!!

Absolutely disgraceful way to treat your customers. you have mis-judged how transparent this blatant profiteering is. Why not go all the way, syphon off Atlantic and Sky 1 to make a premium entertainment bundle and shaft your customers a tenner a month for that. It's not like you haven't planned it already.
Shaunl23
Regular 2
Not that I disagree that for basically the same content you need to pay near a tenner, but

I never use Now for the kids channels so when you look at it from that perspective you feel like you are paying for channels, a quarter of which you never use.
By splitting it off, people with that perspective wouldn't feel like they aren't getting their moneys worth. That being said I think a couple of decent channels, or 1080p would be a nice replacement for the channels lost.
Also, paying the same for less and having a separate kids pass, may negate a price rise for those not wanting the kids channels. Instead of increasing prices and keeping the content the same, maybe the decrease in channels helps keep the price the same.

Like I said, I understand the extra costs for those wanting both, but those that have no need for the kids content may be happier with a substitute (better than Nat Geo) or 1080p (here's hoping)
badidas
Regular 1

fair enough, if you don't watch kids channels, i can see your argument of "why am i paying for paw patrol", i do get it. And you may be happy to continue paying the same and gain an extra channel or 2. You're alright as you're not paying anymore and have lost nothing, it's win win for you.

However my bills have now gone up by 40%.

0 Likes
Rogerd
Contributor 1

Another disgruntled customer here. If whoever wrote the comment about 'we do advise that we can change the packages at any time' is in PR or customer services then they should consider an alternative job - I don't work in those areas but even I know you don't make statements like that. Removing almost half the channels is not what any normal person would consider reasonable when reading that statement, and I doubt Watch Dog would feel the same. This is effectively a 42% price hike. Replacing with National Geo Wild is an insult too - I would rather you replaced it with nothing. You should offer to refund those of us who have bought long term passes - if my ISP hikes my price by greater 10% I thought I could cancel my contract - surely this falls in the same ball park.

And to those that say why should some of us being paying for the kids channels, you could say that about most of the entire chod on Sky and Virgin's packages.  I'd be surprised if I watched 10% of what's available on those services when I had them and more often than not you end up on the Freeview channels or Skay Atlantic. I still have to pay for them though, and I certainly don't expect them to be pulled after I've paid up front for 6 months. 

DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

Hopefully the auto-play feature will be rolled out to boxsets on the Entertainment Pass as well.

Shaunl23
Regular 2
So, with your comparison to the Chod you get with sky and virgin, you understand the perspective I gave, the feeling of paying for content you don't want.
@badidas , I am not arguing with you or anyone else on here, I completely sympathise with all the customers that are having to pay extra for the same content. I am just trying to put across the other perspective, and hopefully with what you have said you understand that too.
0 Likes
badidas
Regular 1

@Shaunl23 i totally understand what you have said, and i'm a big believer in seeing both sides of the argument.

The problem is, people don't like to have "something" and then have it taken away (or asked to pay more).  Especially if they used that "something".

Shaunl23
Regular 2
I agree. They wouldn't have, but then maybe the better solution would have been an option of separate or old style combined for existing customers and split only for new customers.
badidas
Regular 1

now come on Shaun, let's be sensible, i think we all know that Sky does not reward loyalty 

Shaunl23
Regular 2
Also, and I am not trying to perpetuate this any further, the new pass style would be better for those who have Now only for their kids rooms etc and only need the kids pass. It would be cheaper for them.
I can see several situations where this is beneficial, but as with most things like this there are a lot of existing customers that are losing out big time.
Shaunl23
Regular 2
@badidas lol I was actually going to write something similar to that!
0 Likes
Rogerd
Contributor 1

If anyone feels like moaning somewhere else then you can try the NowTV Facebook page. Would be nice to see this gain a bit of traction and then hopefully a rethink (unlikely I know). 

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=nowtv

@Shaunl23 I do understand your perspective and to a smaller degree I would have accepted this but it was only a year or two ago the entertainment pass was £4.99. Then it went up to £6.99 and now they have removed a large chunk of channels or in another way put the price up to £9.98. This is all way above inflation. It's very frustrating, especially if you've already paid for a long pass up front. 

0 Likes
badidas
Regular 1

you can see it now can't you @Shaunl23 there's a tv ad for now tv.

entertainment pass and kids pass only £6.99 a month *new customers only

badidas
Regular 1

just to cover myself for liability.  there is not really a tv ad that states this.  I was mocking customer loyalty.

Shaunl23
Regular 2
@Rogerd as I said I am not disagreeing at all, just saying that it has a few beneficial scenarios. It is the same as sky increasing prices regularly. I do totally understand and agree with your point.

@badidas Sky Motto is "new customers only" Smiley Happy
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is to all those moaning about new kids pass , Sky will add 2 new channels soon likes of Viceland but most of you on here need to go on a516 digital read everything there about new kids pass how we are losing Disney channel due to broadcast rights but will be available still on Sky platform.
0 Likes
Nigel_Urban

Not happy Now TV. Smiley Sad

Your Entertainment pass was great - great shows for the kids and great shows for us grown-ups.

Now to keep the kids happy we have to pay more for the same? (More or less)

Back-door subscription increase by any other name.

Poor Form

chris250
Contributor 1

rubbish no kids channels now on the entetainment  and you are going to end up losing 3 channels with the price staying the same and you only add 1 replacent,it would of been nice to off had watch tv channel eurosport and national geograpic channel added.

0 Likes
Andrew713
Contributor 1

Disappointing that Disney Channel has gone as it was one of your better channels and that it isn't part of your new package.   Viceland and Nat Geo Wild... ho hum. A couple of good channels would have been Lifetime / SF channel etc

Kooper
Contributor 2

Wouldn't have minded if it weren't for the loss of Disney Channel. Think I'll move over to TalkTalk TV as they still offer it, as well as Disney XD.

What a daft idea tho. The only reason I have NowTV is for the kids. Do I have t have the Entertainment to have the Kids?? Or can I literally just have the kids package?
0 Likes
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@Dominique2906 you can just have the Kids pass without any others, this would actually put you in the position of having a price reduction.

Geeman
Contributor 1
My kid is paw patrol daft. Luckily it's on Netflix so problem solved LEAVE.
0 Likes
Mumof3
Well bye-bye entertainments hello kids package as a single parent as long as the kids are happy saving myself money in the process one happy mum, but to be honest I think you have screwed your customers exactly the same way as you did when darts was on sky 1 last year, and because of rights wouldn't show it even though my subscription covered sky 1.
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

So who will be the winners and losers due to this change?

WINNERS

- People who only have the Entertainment Pass for kids content.  They will be able to get more kids TV for less money (although losing the Disney channel)

- People with an Entertainment Pass but never watch the kids content.  For the same money, they will get more boxsets for longer and a new channel (Nat Geo Wild).

LOSERS

- People on the Entertainment Pass who watch kids content and the content for grown-ups.  They will have to pay more to access the same stuff on two different passes.

Changes to how passes work will mean that some people will lose out.  The question is whether more people will gain or if more people will lose.

Pinkhubz
Not to mention the removal of Disney from nowtv completely!
I too left sky due to cost and have been ok for both me and the kids with a movie and entertainment pass.
To hear the kids channels will move to a new pass is annoying.
The now box is useless for kids without the kids channels.
Its not a good move from now (who is really sky)
Because it just shows sky hike prices... Get customers into now and then hike up prices again....
Not a good move but as others have said it will probably get paid.
Im stuck in a 12 month contract as i pirchased my subs through sky (you cam do this if you have no sky tv)
So basically iv no choice but to buy the new pass.
I am cheesed that disney will be removed on top of this.
Overall now tv was a good basic service that was affordable and if youd have just left it would probably have been very stable,
Sky was the second highest bill in my home and thats just insane.
For the simple reason that although there may be many channels it is 90% reality rubbish....
Cheap produced tv....
Its just a rip off.
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

@Pinkhubz  once your mimimum term with Sky ends I would recommend dropping the Now TV section of it.  Normally Sky gives a years free broadband and then ups the charge to their current rate a month.  If you have entertainment pass bundle I am sorry to say you are paying £10 a month for something you could be getting for £6.99 on here, £5 using vouchers from Argos/Game/Currys.   The combined pass from sky is marginally cheaper than buying through here but again not cheaper than using vouchers.  The money you could save using vouchers would pay for the kids pass.

andy_m1
First Poster
Seems to me that there are 3 extra kids channels (net of Disney) and an extra general entertainment channel for just £2.99 extra, with the added benefit of being able to pick just general entertainment or just kids channels and not pay a one price fits all cost like the one currently being charged.

Which I kind of think sounds ok.

I'm also not sure I understand the argument which goes "yes I'm aware there are terms and conditions, yes I know I agreed to be bound by them when I signed up but if you dare try and remind me of that when I complain about something you're perfectly entitles to do then it is definitely you that is in the wrong".

Also the email I had, advising of these changes, said that existing customers would have a four month trial pass for the kids pack, which seems like a pretty reasonable compromise for all of those who have shelled out for month passes.
andy_m1
First Poster
Besides all that, who is seriously paying £6.99 a month?
0 Likes
Mia4
Contributor 1
Couldn't you of added Disney Junior to this - at least then we would be paying for something extra and not having to pay for something that was already included 😡
Labels