Occasional Poster

Parental pin number

Why is the new kids app asking for a PIN number to watch everything? I have a parental pin switched on to restrict to under 12. I tried playing octonaughts and it asks for the parental pin.

Occasional Poster

Re: Parental pin number

does anyone know how to fix this? I'm watching on a Roku streaming stick. 

Contributor 1

I'm having this problem too. My PIN is also set for 12+ so shouldn't be needed for kids stuff! Chat help were useless and referred it to another team who were unavailable. Apparently they'll get back to me in 24-48 hours!

NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Red4

Sorry about that

We are aware of the system prompting for a PIN number on the Kid's programs.

Our teams are working on getting this fixed and this should be done by early next week.

Thanks

Andy

First Poster

Same here. I have my kids setting to 15 but my son can't watch a programme for a 3 year old. Getting a bit tedious now as he normally wakes up and watches tv quietly. Now I'm being woken up to put a pin in for paw patrol!!!😡
First Poster

Hi @Andy-S,

I was just wondering if there was an update to this issue? It's been a few months and this is still not resolved.  I have parental controls set to PG, yet my PIN is asked for to watch Paw Patrol!

Thanks,

Dan

First Poster

Sorry to ###### an old thread, are there any updates on this issue? We've just purchased a nowtv box with a 4 month kids pass. After setting the parental pin, we cant watch any shows - including things that clearly are ok from cbeebies. In oprder to make the device viable, we've removed the parental pin for now but this is not really a solution.

Community Manager

Hi @FosterCarer,

Sorry for the very delayed response here.

With this issue we were informed that it should be resolved but if you are still seeing it do let us know as it might be an individual issue we need to look into for you.

Thanks

Simon

First Poster

I have issues. I have the newer Now TV box (With Freeview)

I have parental controls set. I have tried 12, 12a, 15 however watching some programs, i.e Gruffalo I'm prompted for the parental pin. If I turn off the parental control then I do not need to enter a pint to watch. I would expect that all programs listed within the KIDS nowTV section should be watch if parental control is set i.e 12 rating is what I need to have set.

Highlighted
Elite 4

@NuttyBacon  all programs in the kids section should be suitable for kids.  There for a 12 pin should be adequate and all programs work.  @Simon-J  can you flag up the issue with the Gruffalo?   @NuttyBacon  if there are any others please post back so they can also be flagged.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor not staff so cannot help you with account matters I can just attempt to point you in the right direction.

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Us...

Devices I am currently using for Now: Android app on Moto E, Chromecast, LG TV, Smart box.