cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

PIN required for kids channels???

Hey all, so I've just set up my children's Now TV boxes, but I'm getting a bit bored of being asked to input a PIN every time my 12 year old wants to watch Morph (each episode is about 3 minutes long so you can imagine how tedious this is becoming 😉 ).  Is there a way of overriding a PIN requirement for kids channels?! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunatly not, the parental PIN if enabled applies to all NowTV content (Cinema, Ent. and Kids) within the NowTV app. I believe the issue with some Kids programes needing a PIN is something to do with unrated content, where if unrated it triggers the PIN prompt to be safe. Some things on NowTV also seem to be classified higher than what they are on DVD release, so some Uinversal DVD maybe a PG on NowTV, a 15 maybe 18 etc.

It is something that has been brought up a few times but nothing appears to have been done to fix it.

Maybe it's possible to have a second NowTV account with just your Kids pass active. Place a payment PIN on to prevent the kids buying movie and ent passes. That way you could lock down the box to kids only and disable the parental PIN on that account. Guess it depends on your overall setup i suppose and if you use the kids content on other boxes around the house or not.

On a side note, the parentl pin only controls the NowTV app, it doesnt stop them watching adult/mature content on other third party app such as BBC, ITV, etc and although some of them do have their own parental pin option, the child can simply uninstall the app and then re-install it to reset and remove the pins.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunatly not, the parental PIN if enabled applies to all NowTV content (Cinema, Ent. and Kids) within the NowTV app. I believe the issue with some Kids programes needing a PIN is something to do with unrated content, where if unrated it triggers the PIN prompt to be safe. Some things on NowTV also seem to be classified higher than what they are on DVD release, so some Uinversal DVD maybe a PG on NowTV, a 15 maybe 18 etc.

It is something that has been brought up a few times but nothing appears to have been done to fix it.

Maybe it's possible to have a second NowTV account with just your Kids pass active. Place a payment PIN on to prevent the kids buying movie and ent passes. That way you could lock down the box to kids only and disable the parental PIN on that account. Guess it depends on your overall setup i suppose and if you use the kids content on other boxes around the house or not.

On a side note, the parentl pin only controls the NowTV app, it doesnt stop them watching adult/mature content on other third party app such as BBC, ITV, etc and although some of them do have their own parental pin option, the child can simply uninstall the app and then re-install it to reset and remove the pins.