cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No live channels

Hi all.
New to NowTV. The box has turned up ahead of my broadband being changed over to now TV. I've got it connected through my current provider with a week or so to go.
TV on demand works, but no live kids tv channels. Other live TV such as sky1 and sky atlantic work! Should I assume the kids channels will show up once the broadband moves across to now TV?
Thanks
Si
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Never used a Kids pass, but i believe if you open the kids section where the kids live channels are at the bottom of the screen where it says "On Now".

With the NowTV smart box TV Guide on the main homepage, the kids live channels are not shown there with the rest of the NowTV live channels, Freeview channels or Radio stations.

The kids live channels don't use the same looking now & next epg layout as the movies, entertainment or sports, where you need to access them via the kids section.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Never used a Kids pass, but i believe if you open the kids section where the kids live channels are at the bottom of the screen where it says "On Now".

With the NowTV smart box TV Guide on the main homepage, the kids live channels are not shown there with the rest of the NowTV live channels, Freeview channels or Radio stations.

The kids live channels don't use the same looking now & next epg layout as the movies, entertainment or sports, where you need to access them via the kids section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh my word. You are right. But to find the kids section, you have to choose 'Best of catch up'. Live TV is not catch up.
Really don't understand why kids live TV is not in the normal epg!
Anyway, that's solved that - many thanks!
Si
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yeah a few Smart box owners with children have mentioned that they would have liked the option to add the kids live channels to the main homepage TV Guide.

The quickest way from the Homepage would be to press the NowTV button on the remote controller (bottom left) then scroll down to the kids section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I guess it's an attempt to let parents leave the kids to navigate themselves around the catchup and live shows without the distraction of non-kid content. All making more sense now, thanks again.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you wish you can also activate the Parental PIN on your NowTV devices by following this help guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings