cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kids pass on Now TV box

I got an email this morning saying I had been given 4 months of the kids pass, which i'm not complaining about as I was planning to buy it anyway! But I can't seem to find a way to use it on the now tv box, I can use it on the laptop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The NOW TV team are still working on setting up the kids pass at the moment, so you may find it works on some devices but not others at the moment. By the end of the day the kids pass should (hopefully!) be fully implemented.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah - didn't realise there was a code to enter. The "unsolicited" angle is covered then 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No code was given here, only an email entitled 'Your Kids Pass Receipt' and a cost today of £0.00.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Really? So they've applied the kids pass automatically? I'm surprised they've done it that way, but if so then it's a valid point about being aware of the need to cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I haven't had to do anything.

Received a letter through the post three or so weeks ago to announce the discontinuation of the three channels on the entertainment package and the start of the kids package, and that I would receive four months free. Fast forward to today and the email as stated above.

As it stands currently, it's only viewable on PC for us, not on the NOWTV boxes.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thanks for that, surprised they have applied it whether you wanted it or not! Out of interest did you receive any info on whether you need to cancel it to stop auto-renewal at the end or if it will stop automatically at the end of the 4 months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Yes, in the original letter it says 'We'll send you a four-month trial when the Kids Month Pass is available. After that you can get it for £2.99 a month.'

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thanks. I've just noticed you mentioned it's showing as cancelled in your My Account > My Passes page, so it sounds like they have applied the voucher code for you already and then cancelled it so that it doesn't auto-renew at the end of the 4 months.

So in theory you should be fine to watch it for the 4 months and not have to worry about being charged at the end.

Good to know that people won't get an unexpected bill at the end of the offer!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

That makes more sense now with regards to the cancellation, thanks, although we will continue to subscribe anyway. Now just a case of waiting for it to migrate to the NowTV boxes, the kids are getting restless.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like the updates with the kids pass are starting to appear on NOW TV boxes. You can check yours by doing the following.

From your homescreen, go to Settings >System > System Update and see if an update is available. If not, leave it a while and try again later. You should notice the NOW TV app is now a yellow and pink logo.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was just about to ask the same question!