cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kids pass on Now TV box

I got an email this morning saying I had been given 4 months of the kids pass, which i'm not complaining about as I was planning to buy it anyway! But I can't seem to find a way to use it on the now tv box, I can use it on the laptop. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The NOW TV team are still working on setting up the kids pass at the moment, so you may find it works on some devices but not others at the moment. By the end of the day the kids pass should (hopefully!) be fully implemented.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

The NOW TV team are still working on setting up the kids pass at the moment, so you may find it works on some devices but not others at the moment. By the end of the day the kids pass should (hopefully!) be fully implemented.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got an email like this, but if I ordered the kids pass offer it must have been a long time ago because I don't remember it.

Was the email in response to people taking up an offer, or were the emails completely initiated by Now TV?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The email you've received will be initiated by NOW TV and the offer is a courtesy they are making for you due to the children's channels leaving the entertainment pass that you currently have.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"due to the children's channels leaving the entertainment pass"

Do you have a source for this?

It's only my kids that use Now TV (aside from Walking Dead a few months a year) and Kids isn't available on the XBox 360. If the kids channels leave the Ents pass then there's no point me subscribing.

MaFt

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Source:  https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/now-tv-unveils-new-kids-pass-offering-the-late...

The launch of the NOW TV Kids Pass sees Nickelodeon, Nick Jr and The Disney Channel move out of the NOW TV Entertainment Pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If that's the case I think they're asking for trouble. Billing someone for unsolicited goods/services isn't legal. (Email ends up implying we'll be *automatically* billed after four months.) If their legal team thinks that us passively receiving a freebie for four months is a loophole I think they're in for a nasty shock.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just signed up for the 14 day trail... no free months @ all! 🙈

(Added a 6month entertainment pass afew weeks ago!) 😕

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User TV Team,

Please move this topic into the forums dedicated Kids forum sub-section?

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You won't be billed at the end as long as you cancel before the end of the offer. You should be able to cancel as soon as you've applied the code and you will still be able to watch until the expiry date. The warning is to make sure people understand the pass will continue unless it is cancelled (that's the way the system is set up fo all passes). 

However it's up to you, you can always give the code to friends or family if you don't want to use it yourself.