cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Increase number of devises watched at same time

I'm new to NOW TV. I'd like to know why can't I have the choice to pay a little extra each month so that I can use more than two devises working at the same time? 

Netflix do this so why not NOW TV?

NOW TV is way behind the times. 

Two is not enough for a family. Given the choice of say £5 a month many people would take it up so NOW TV would profit from that. Just doesn't make sense.

Register 4 devices but can only use two at the same time with no option to increase that ... Madness!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Grandkids like using kids tv and movies on their iPads. I only use movies at the minute so I'll have to be patient and wait for NOW TV to catch up with the times.
I just think it's mental you can register 4 but only use 2 at the same time without options.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi San

You know, there's a lot of people on this forum that will agree with your sentiments, i.e. pay a little extra to use more devices simultaneously.  And, from a personal point of view, I hope that Now TV can make this happen in the near future, families nowadays do not gather around one or two TV sets and virtually every bedroom in the modern home has it's own TV set, as well as other watching devices, and Now TV should be flexible enough to reflect this in the service it offers.

However in the meantime, have you thought of opening up a second Now TV account, using a different email address, with those extra devices that currently cannot be used simultaneously with your current one.

In order not to have this arrangement dissolve in to chaos, you would have to keep a strong admin grip on both accounts, by putting a security PIN on both, but apart from that you could make it work.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wouldn't a second account mean I'd have go pay for the passes again? Like a new customer.
Sorry if I'm being dense but I'm new to all this.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again San

You asked, "Wouldn't a second account mean I'd have go pay for the passes again?".  Well San, it all depends on what your other family members like to watch.  For example, if your family likes to watch mainly stuff on ITV hub, Demand 5, iPlayer, YouTube, etc., mainly sports or kids programmes then you don't have a problem because it will not cost you anything extra. Just apply those passes to the required account.  However, if your family like to watch mainly entertainment programmes and/or movies then your Now TV costs will double.

That's why I wrote in my first post, "you would have to keep a strong admin grip on both accounts".

Unfortunately San, there is no ideal solution to your problem other than Now TV, some day, allowing more than two simultaneous streams from their service on the same account.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Grandkids like using kids tv and movies on their iPads. I only use movies at the minute so I'll have to be patient and wait for NOW TV to catch up with the times.
I just think it's mental you can register 4 but only use 2 at the same time without options.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post