cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Download kids programes

Great new feature, works like a dream for me. Now just need this to be rolled out for the entertainment and movie passes  

11 REPLIES 11
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're glad to hear you like the new feature @Anonymous User.

Keep an eye out for any new updates in the future. 😉 

Karl

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Good to see its launched! For anyone wanting to find out more about downloading shows have a look at the following help page

https://help.nowtv.com/article/download-shows-or-movies-to-watch-offline

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes please check out the article posted by @Andy for any information. 

If you have any feedback please let us know in the comments below. 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I looked at the help article and I think nowtv should relax the restrictions currently imposed on dowloads today:

1) you’ve got 30 days to watch a download before it’s deleted

2) once you start watching your download, you can watch as many times as you like in the next 48 hours 

3) you can download each episode twice

I think rule 1 is an acceptable restriction, no problem with that.

I think rules 2 and 3 should be removed, they make user's experience worse and do not make any sense. What is nowtv trying to achieve with those restriction that is not covered already by rule 1 ???

Especially for Kids shows: kids like to watch again and again the same content; think about someone going on holidays abroad and bringing something to entertain the little one during trips and so on. I download stuff for this purpose from BBC Kids, you can watch as many time as you want and it takes weeks for the content to expire: perfect. With the nowtv offer, my kids starts watching a show, then switches to something else and within 48h you delete the content? It does not make any sense. Thinking about it... it does not make any sense for the entertainment and movies content either, I hope nowtv changes the rules before downloads are extended to the other packages.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I looked at the help article and I think nowtv should relax the restrictions currently imposed on dowloads today:

1) you’ve got 30 days to watch a download before it’s deleted

2) once you start watching your download, you can watch as many times as you like in the next 48 hours 

3) you can download each episode twice

I think rule 1 is an acceptable restriction, no problem with that.

I think rules 2 and 3 should be removed, they make user's experience worse and do not make any sense. What is nowtv trying to achieve with those restriction that is not covered already by rule 1 ???

Especially for Kids shows: kids like to watch again and again the same content; think about someone going on holidays abroad and bringing something to entertain the little one during trips and so on. I download stuff for this purpose from BBC Kids, you can watch as many time as you want and it takes weeks for the content to expire: perfect. With the nowtv offer, my kids starts watching a show, then switches to something else and within 48h you delete the content? It does not make any sense. Thinking about it... it does not make any sense for the entertainment and movies content either, I hope nowtv changes the rules before downloads are extended to the other packages.

@Karl-F @Andy any chance to pass the feedback and get nowtv to relax the limitations on downloads?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate your feedback. 

We can definitely pass this feedback on to the business. 

Aside from this, how are you finding the download feature and the way it works so far? Are you looking forward to having this available on our other passes? 

Thanks

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User,

Aside from this, how are you finding the download feature and the way it works so far? Are you looking forward to having this available on our other passes? 

Thanks

Karl 

Definitely looking forward to the download feature for the entertainment package.

For the movies and kids package, I see the download feature mainly for holidays and similar special occasions.

Instead, I'd be using downloads from the entertainment package on a more regular basis, filling the time on the daily commute. It would be good to have this option even if initially on a small subset of content, for example all sky production only where nowtv likely has more freedom from licence holders.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anybody please let me know how to download the kids programmes?  There are no download icons and everytime I click on a kids programme it just takes me to the now tv player.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further to my original message, can anybody help?  I think someone sent me a private message but not sure how to read it.