cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Complaints

I'm very unhappy that you have suddenly just changed the kids channels and now wanting  to pay more for what we had already it's meant to be a device that you don't pay monthly subscriptions and since I've got it your using the payments so in actual fact you are a subscription .. Why does it say can still watch kids to for four months I don't understand this do I pay the 2.99 and that covers me for four months can you advise 

84 REPLIES 84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We received our email notifying us of the change to the entertainment/kids pass yesterday (21st) at 18:12 in the evening.

Stating" We hope you’re enjoying your Entertainment Month Pass. Recently we announced some changes to your Entertainment Month Pass including adding the Nat Geo Wild channel last month and that kids TV would be getting a place all to itself. Our new Kids Month Pass launches on 21 June, and it will include Nickelodeon and Nick Jr, plus loads more colourful characters and channels. We’re always working to bring you great entertainment so you can enjoy the best shows with NOW TV."

It says "we recently announced..." - when? as news to us!  

We only purchased a Roku NowTV box which came with a 6 month entertainment pass in mid-may, primarily for the Kids TV and secondly for the other programs.

In the email it advises:

• Available from 21 June with a 14 day free trial, and £2.99 a month after that

Nothing like some notice to make you feel like a valued customer.

The agent we spoke with on Live Chat was about as helpful a chocolate teapot.  They advised that their marketing team were investigating and that we should take up the 14 day trial and hopefully something might be done during this time - but what this something was is unknown, or even if it will materialise.

We have now cancelled all our passes from renewing and if nothing is forthcoming, we move to another service who provides good Customer Service.

What we loved was the marketing blurb the agent was trying to apease us with:

"I thank you for your support and faith in us. We are doing our best to make this change an amazing one and ensure all our users enjoy the best of it.   Since this is something new we've done, we might take some time to make it the best decision we took. :)"

Disappointed!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not very happy with the standard of customer service provided by your company, I never received any notification that you were changing the entertainment pass by removing the kids channels, my daughter is very upset at losing Disney channel. It looks like we will be parting company and I will transfer my custom to bt, I thought Sky and Virgin were bad but Now Tv is giving them a run for their money all they are bothered about is coming up with ways of getting more money out of us, they know us parents will pay hence they picked the kids channels

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Let me look into this for you, It may take me a few day's but I will send you an email once done.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Love NowTV. My little girl Loves the new Kids channel to!

Im not tight about £3 a month (she got 4 months free too) , she loves it, there so much more on there as well.

Let face it with the recent Half Price NowTV boxs at Argos and others, im getting a banging deal!

Happy customer me!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think the new kids package is fantastic value for money, we will even be taking out a second subscription so each of the children can have the app on their tablets and be able to watch without fighting with their brother or sister to get off and best of all it's less than £6 to keep each child happy!

Even with the new pass, it's still the cheapest way to get premium sky content without a contract. Shop around for vouchers on eBay, Amazon and Argos - you'll probably be able to get the entertainment and kids passes for less per month combined than the entertainment pass on its own.

A good example is recently I was able to get a box and a four month Sky Movies pass for less than £20 in Argos, sold the box on eBay for £10 meaning sky movies works out at £2.50 per month until October! Absolute bargain 🙂 currently Amazon have a box and six months Entertainment package for £26 - sell the box on eBay for £10 and it's then cost you £16 for 6 months - thats £2.66 a month, add the £2.99 a month for the kids pass and it's saving you money 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unless you have more than two kids, they can share the subscription. You may however want to set up a separate Now account for the kids pass only so they can watch without using up your device allowances.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User unless you have more than two kids, they can share the subscription. You may however want to set up a separate Now account for the kids pass only so they can watch without using up your device allowances.

Yes I have more than 2 kids 🙂

The other half likes to use NOWTV a lot too, 2 active streams isn't enough for us 🙂

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just to clarify some points -

The kids pass is not just the 3 channels from the Entertainment pass but they have joined a a number of new kids channels like Cartoon Network a long with a whole keep of new kids content which we hope your kids will love.

The Email we sent should explain - you've been put on an offer for 4 months meaning you can watch 4 months for free and you don't need to do anything. After the 4 months if you want to continue then you would buy a pass at £2.99. We've made sure you don't get charged automatically at the end of the 4 months.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why are people with the now tv box getting 4 months free kids pass when ps3 now tv only gets 2 weeks
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is not dependent on device. It will be on usage, does Now computer identify you as a regular kids TV user.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.