cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Complaints

I cant actually believe the cheek of this!

So, I get home last night with my daughter, try and put on the kids channels, but they are nowhere to be found. Surely some kind of error, I am thinking. Having only purchased the box and package 2 weeks ago I kept searching thinking that I had forgotten how to find them. Of course they just were not there.

Telling this to my 6 year old had her in tears. Well done Now TV, you made my daughter cry!

I have not recieved any kind of warning that this was going to happen, I have nothing in my account with respect to a 4 month free trial, as some of you mention. This just isnt on!

I bought the box and paid up front for 6 months entertainment package 2 weeks ago. I made my buying desicion based on the information available on the website. Clearly Now TV knew about the impending changes but felt that it is ok to behave like this?! Reel in the customer, charge them for what looks like a good deal, make it more appealing by offering a discount to get 6 months money up front? Then 2 weeks later my daughter is crying because she can't watch what she was expecting to, I am fuming about this!

This is not what I signed up for!

This is poor business practise and i feel I have been misled.

On top of this, trying to find help through the "contact us"page is a joke!

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted
Elite

@Silverbacksands Go to http://help.nowtv.com/article/NOW-TV-Entertainment-Month-Pass click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page, then click on either Live Chat or Email for assistance in this matter.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, Chromecast 3rd Gen wired, Samsung Galaxy A50 (Android Pie), Fire Tablet (2018 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Highlighted

i did not recieved any flyers or emails about the kids channels bein charged seperatly until yesterday, and did not recieve the email offering the 4 month free trial? absolutley shocking that somethig which was origanally included in my pass is now being charged seperate, i have one very disappointed boy now, all customers should have been notified and offered the 4 month free trial

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Elite

I received an email today just offering me the standard 14 day Kids Pass trial, so everyone should have something in their inbox one way or the other.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, Chromecast 3rd Gen wired, Samsung Galaxy A50 (Android Pie), Fire Tablet (2018 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using the Now TV Win 8.1/10 App.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I don't want a 14 day pass, I want one that will last for the remaining time left on my entertainment pass or a refund. I'm done!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi, have these emails been sent to everyone that previously paid for the entertainment pass that included the kids channels? I have not received one which seems unfair if this is the case as I was not even made aware that the kids channels were being taken away. I only found out today when I went to put one of them on....

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

We received our email notifying us of the change to the entertainment/kids pass yesterday (21st) at 18:12 in the evening.

Stating" We hope you’re enjoying your Entertainment Month Pass. Recently we announced some changes to your Entertainment Month Pass including adding the Nat Geo Wild channel last month and that kids TV would be getting a place all to itself. Our new Kids Month Pass launches on 21 June, and it will include Nickelodeon and Nick Jr, plus loads more colourful characters and channels. We’re always working to bring you great entertainment so you can enjoy the best shows with NOW TV."

It says "we recently announced..." - when? as news to us!  

We only purchased a Roku NowTV box which came with a 6 month entertainment pass in mid-may, primarily for the Kids TV and secondly for the other programs.

In the email it advises:

• Available from 21 June with a 14 day free trial, and £2.99 a month after that

Nothing like some notice to make you feel like a valued customer.

The agent we spoke with on Live Chat was about as helpful a chocolate teapot.  They advised that their marketing team were investigating and that we should take up the 14 day trial and hopefully something might be done during this time - but what this something was is unknown, or even if it will materialise.

We have now cancelled all our passes from renewing and if nothing is forthcoming, we move to another service who provides good Customer Service.

What we loved was the marketing blurb the agent was trying to apease us with:

"I thank you for your support and faith in us. We are doing our best to make this change an amazing one and ensure all our users enjoy the best of it.   Since this is something new we've done, we might take some time to make it the best decision we took. :)"

Disappointed!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I'm not very happy with the standard of customer service provided by your company, I never received any notification that you were changing the entertainment pass by removing the kids channels, my daughter is very upset at losing Disney channel. It looks like we will be parting company and I will transfer my custom to bt, I thought Sky and Virgin were bad but Now Tv is giving them a run for their money all they are bothered about is coming up with ways of getting more money out of us, they know us parents will pay hence they picked the kids channels

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have had Now TV for a couple of years - I have three boxes, purchased for the Disney channel, for my daughters.  I received no notification regarding loss of Disney channel - nothing in the post, and no email until the day the channel was removed.  Very poor.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Love NowTV. My little girl Loves the new Kids channel to!

Im not tight about £3 a month (she got 4 months free too) , she loves it, there so much more on there as well.

Let face it with the recent Half Price NowTV boxs at Argos and others, im getting a banging deal!

Happy customer me!