cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auto play on kids programmes

So kids TV now auto plays the next episode, which is great when you are washing up and you don't get called to sort the TV out every 5 minutes.... However, I've come home from work to find my daughter has turned off the TV in the morning and left the kids programme streaming. I wondered if anyone else find this annoying or if it have pushed people over their data limits. TiVo boxes have an 'are you still watching' message every 90 minutes without a button press... Might this be considered??
4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What device are you using, i know its not a full solution but on the NowTV boxes if my memory serves me right you can adjust the Auto power off time option in the box menu settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have that problem but I would like an option to turn off auto play

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think the auto play is a good idea, but a slightly better idea would be to have a 'play episode' and 'play all' options. That way you can choose. Single episode is handy in night were child may sleep, means box will stop streaming and power save. But play all is great for daytime while your busy in the house and don't want to run back to the tv every 15 mins.

This would be great for entertainment boxsets too!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps nowtv boxes only have a screensaver option, which places the box into a low power state after a set amount of time (in options). But the box must not be in use(streaming) for the screensaver to kick in (just like a pc basically). So it would never save on data costs.