cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this topic has been discussed in the various hardware forums - but it's not specific to any brand of box, hence posting it in the Entertainment section.

The current limit is 4 devices (with 2 playing at once).

Want to give my kids access to entertainment (and possibly movies too), but the only option would be to buy extra subscriptions, so I'd end up with 2 entertainment subs and 2 movie subs.

This is too hard and expensive!

How about a 'tiered' option please, NOWTV?

So charge an extra £2 per month for the entertainment pass, and allow 8 devices (with 4 playing at once).

And similarly an extra £2 for the movies pass.

This is similar to what Netflix does.

I'd pay the extra.

Can we have this please?

45 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Was chatting about this earlier. Over 3 years with Now TV. Times are changing and yet Now still stick with a 4 device policy with 2 active/in use at a time. I really wish Now TV would allow you to register more devices. I’ve used Now TV on the white box, black box, smart box, smart stick, old and new Roku sticks, a laptop, iPhone, 2 different Samsung TVs and it’s so frustrating that we are still having to cope with the “maximum devices reached” message in 2018! Please review this Now TV!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
totally agree that 4 device limit is crackers.

Also agree that 1 change per month is equally stupid.

What solution do Nowtv have to the situation when a home has multiple devices??

I have also hit the problem that my mobile and the chromecast count as 2 devices for a single "view".

What solution do you have for this ?

I am beginning to think that Netflix is going to be the only viable solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, surely this isn't still a thing? April... 2018. Seriously? It hasn't come up even once in a staff meeting/brainstorming session/"why are we losing all of our subscribers to Netflix" idle pondering from upper management?

How are you not being bombarded with calls from frustrated users who are asking to reset their device limits every few days, because - stop the press! - households tend to have more than a couple of ways to watch television?

No staff input at all? Really?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there
I actually got so fed up with it I left now tv ages ago for Netflix and I’ve found I haven’t missed it at all
Thought i would miss uk gold but there are loads of bbc comedy on Netflix
Thanks
Martin
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I actually got so fed up with it I left now tv ages ago for Netflix and I’ve found I haven’t missed it at all

Same.

The only time I ran into a 'limit' issue was when I genuinely hit a streaming limit (2 devices at once - concurrent streaming, not just casually browsing), in which case £2/mo more bumped that up to 4 screens and offered Ultra HD, to boot.

As others have said, I'd happily pay more for extra streaming rights (the bump in quality to UHD is worth the price of admission alone), so IMO NowTV are really shooting themselves in the foot by not capitalising on offering tiered streaming.

Whoever's idea it was to limit based on registered devices needs firing.