cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know this topic has been discussed in the various hardware forums - but it's not specific to any brand of box, hence posting it in the Entertainment section.

The current limit is 4 devices (with 2 playing at once).

Want to give my kids access to entertainment (and possibly movies too), but the only option would be to buy extra subscriptions, so I'd end up with 2 entertainment subs and 2 movie subs.

This is too hard and expensive!

How about a 'tiered' option please, NOWTV?

So charge an extra £2 per month for the entertainment pass, and allow 8 devices (with 4 playing at once).

And similarly an extra £2 for the movies pass.

This is similar to what Netflix does.

I'd pay the extra.

Can we have this please?

45 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely agree with @Anonymous User

A hard limit on devices is a joke. Who cares how many places we have NowTV installed? What matters is how many of those devices are currently playing.  Until there's a stream, it shoudn't count.

In our house, we have 3 tablets, 2 phones, an Xbox, two laptops, a PC, Amazon Firestick and a Chromecast. 11 devices (10 of which are NowTV compatible). I installed NowTV on a new tablet and was hit with a limit when trying to stream it to Chromecast. They count as two separate devices - half of my limit!

And what's the logic for only allowing one change per month? If I kill a device, another should take its place immediately. I get that you're trying to prevent account sharing, but again, unless the service is actually streaming, who cares?

These kinds of archiac policies belong in the 90s.

Netflix do it far better. Adopt a Netflix approach.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No responses since July...

What's the point of an ideas board if none of this stuff escalates to 'working on it'.

You have the world's slowest programming team!

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree that a 4 device limit is crazy when all that matters is the number of streams in-use. I'd pay an optional extra to increase the number of devices I can install on.

I'm now thinking about kicking NowTV into touch and switching to Amazon/Netflix instead. 

Why penalize legitimate customers Sky?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV is a joke.

This thread is approaching its 2nd anniversary, and these limits are still in place.

I canceled NowTV over a year ago because of this (only jumped back here to see if they'd changed the policy after reading the latest note), and it's crazy to see there's been no movement.

Meanwhile, Prime and NetFlix have generous limits, amazing original content, and work out much cheaper.

Get your act together, or I can see a LOT of people jumping ship - like I did.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the comment
I have left NOW tv as well you are right Netflix is Mitch better
I most likely won't bother going back
M
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Great idea. Also agree you need to be able to make changes more than once per month.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member
Status changed to: Open

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have the limitation of 2 streams. THERE IS ABSOLOTELY NO REASON FOR SUCH A DEVICE LIMIT. Ok, maybe in the double figure range if the usage stats follows a suspicious profile, but don’t penalize all of your users because Now TV suffers some strange delusion of paranoia.

IT IS INSANITY that there is even a device limit. It is the most assenine policy with the crazy notion that Now TV is doing it’s users a favor by allowing one device change a month. I have a Now TV Smart Bos, that goes unused because of this policy. I can’t use the device because some other devices take priority. Think about it... Really think about why that is.

Also, I can’t have access to my Now TV if I happen to just have my phone on me and I turn up at a friend’s house. Well, I could call support and they would reset my device list if I ask nicely... ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I can’t even stream my Now TV to my friend’s Chromecast if I’m visiting! Wow... missed opertunity there. They won’t see how useful a Now TV account can(?) be. Oh no worries... Netflix has that covered. I’ve sold more people on Netflix because I can turn up at a friend’s house and watch a movie or a show on my account simply through streaming it on their smart TV. Think about it. Nothing illegal going on there.

So what’s the beef with Now TV’s attitude in this department? Do they really think that 2017/18 is not an era where devices capable of streaming are ubiquitous? Fear is what holds back success. Now TV fears something that doesn’t exist. It’s a short-sighted policy that is infuriating.

Change it. Please. 2 streams with No discernible device limits. If someone needs additional streams, let them pay a little extra. It’s the streams, stupid! The devices are your widow to your customers. Keep those windows closed and they won’t use them much.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couldn't agree more, Tw34ker.

Very antiquated and protectionist to consider a device to be the correct boundary for consuming the service. All that matters is how many streams are active - period. Why should I matter what I'm using to watch it? Whether I use an Xbox in my living room, my mobile phone, or decide to spin up the service on the firestick that happens to be at an Airbnb place I'm staying at for the weekend is, frankly, none of NowTV's concern. All I'm buying is the bandwidth and a license to watch the content.

It's for reasons like this that my NowTV account was canceled over 2 years ago, and all my business goes to Netflix and Amazon Prime. If you're gonna create a subscription service, do it properly - like a grown-up, 21st century company that actually gets how modern life works.

Muppets.

(P.S-- I'm only here because my inbox pinged with a response. It's a joke that over a year has passed since the last comment, and this still hasn't been addressed. Complacency kills... don't be the next Blockbuster!)