cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your service needs to be able to support surround sound. All other services provide this, yet yours does not. Im on a free trial, and unfortunatley wont be renewing due to this. The movie choices and access to channels is really neat and HD quality is pretty good, but the sound is a major let down when considering your main rivals all offering this...

64 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"the services are moving to HE-AAC 5.1"

When will this be in effect?

I'm assuming that since my PS3 bitstreams data to my HDMI receiver, that I will get 5.1, correct?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems ridiculous that the Now TV box, which is how I watch Sky movies, has an option to output in 5.1 sound, but having checked with Sky they say that the movies are only broadcast in 2.1. What's the point of that? If I can get 5.1 on free to watch HD channels I'd expect to get it on something I've actually subscribed to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interested to hear the response in this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeh not good. Watched batman last night and couldn't beleive how poor the sound was. Not very happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Basically just adding to the threads asking for surround sound. (on this occasion PS3)

Hoping that maybe the more people that ask the message will sink in.

I'm with Virgin, and going for Sky movies would be >£20 and buying blue rays just isn't value for money i'm afraid.

Now TV "seems" like my answer for movie heaven; but without surround, the experience just isn't there...........

I certainly won't be subscribing at full price if there's no 5.1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Make sure you have upgraded to a HDMI amp, The optical SD audio set ups won't be supported....

The NowTV box does not even have an optical connection and only supports HDMI and RCA audio (optical can't do PCM5.1)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an onkyo 626 amp - using HDMI.  

Sorry if I didn't give enough info.

Still no surround, unless I force surround stereo, which isn't the answer 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
1080p<br>Dolby surround 5.1<br>3d films<br>Black background to the app / menus<br>Easier to use menus - more netflix like maybe tile the screen with film covers to see more films in one place.<br><br>
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will we have full 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround on the X Box for the Now TV app? Neflix does it so why doesnt Now TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it's very poor there's no Dolby 5.1 

clad there was a month trial so I've not wasted any money 

back to iTunes and virgin for me where i can get a proper movie experience 

Sky sucks it's  only about 10 years out dated

Marantz nr 1403

warfdale diamond 10.9

APPLE TV

VIRGIN TIVO

ITUNES