cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I did that yesterday. Unimpressed...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any more info on if/when subtitles will be added? or will this thread still be going in 2023?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

In-case you missed it, perhaps the following may be of help: Extending our commitment to subtitles on demand

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I heard 'by the end of the year'.... However I won't know until I sign up again ( as and when GOT season 7 is on) mid 2017
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @SeeMoreDigital I did miss that post, glad to hear they're finally sorting this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am hard of hearing and need subtitles.

It's not just the deaf though. watching certain things on now tv would be very hard to follow if they had different accents and weird street slang.

I will not be subscribing to NowTV until they get their act together.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Subtitles are coming. Subtitles should be on NowTV by the end of the year

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/our-blog/2016/extending_our_commitment_to_subtitles_on_demand

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any updates on how this is coming along? I know we're not at the end of the year yet but I just have a terrible feeling it won't happen this year, some excuse and a delay of 'next year' before subs are added, but would love to hear it's on course before 2017 arrives.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just sat down to watch 'The Revenent', a film I've been wanting to see since release. Sadly without subtitles this film is pointless, I just couldn't understand one word. Admittedly I do suffer from tinitus in both ears but I cant imagine many people would be able to understand it either. Subtitles is needed NOW before another customer is lost.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unbelievable, just found out subs have been put back to early 2017, just as I predicted, I'll predict another delay and say we won't get subtitles till mid 2017 or later, Now TV are proving pretty useless.