cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy  I did wonder if this was a recent change in preparation for the red button changes.  I imagine Now TV would want the controls to operate the same across the black box, smart box and any forthcoming devices.  In which case, it would make sense for the * button to work as the red button on smart boxes.

Did this change to the * button/subtitles happen recently?  I just have a black box and, as I said, I don't use subtitles often enough to notice any change straight away.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM Yeah they've been upgrading the app from v3.x.x to v4.x.x over the last couple of weeks. I still have a box on v3 and the * button still toggles the subs there. 

Like I say I know there's not many buttons to choose from on the remote, but the up and down buttons are pretty redundant during playback, be nice if one of those could become a toggle for people who just need subs ad hoc.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm surprised that Save Me doesn't have subtitles, since it's a Sky production on a Sky channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylMI'm not surprised - given that this thread has been open for five and a half years, it's clear Sky don't care enough about subtitiles.

I've long since switched to Netflix, Amazon Prime and BBC iPlayer, all of which have subtitles for all their productions.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I hope that there will be more content with subtitles soon.  As it's a Sky production, I will be disappointed if Patrick Melrose doesn't have subtitles.

Catlady11-
Scholar

Yes you forget about me I half deaf So would like Subtitles on Chromecast and Now TV set box so subtitles could be chose for those live in hearing world and if get ride of Disney channel if get Netflix on Now TV app soon. Why not Disneylife app too?in meantime I looking for Pass can paid all in one pass instead Movie pass and Eniterment pass. Thanks you for listening

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well, Patrick Melrose doesn't have subtitles.  I'm disappointed that Sky still don't add subtitles on Now TV to programmes they produce themselves.  As You, Me & The Apocalypse was one of the first TV shows to get subtitles on Now TV, I assumed that subtitles would follow on other Sky-produced shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am very disappointed with what they do offer with subtitles . Being hard of hearing is difficult enough
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's why I no longer have their entertainment or movies package
Catlady11-
Scholar

I looking I only half deaf in one ear so wear hearing aids to watch your now tv but know isn't any subtile on Now TV set box but also same on Chromecast if wasn't for my hearing aids I won't be able to watch my favourite show an Movie