cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Dear NowTV Team

Can you, or will you, allow the Roku Media Player to be installed on our NowTV boxes?

As far as I understand, it will immediately give the USB port functionality which can be readily used by box owners.  And all you would need to do is place the RMP in the App Store and possibly change it's name to either NowTV Media Player or just plain Media Player.

Also, could you place this post in the ideas section.

UK Bob

31 Comments
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Miketurn
Scholar 3

Another vote for this. I have an app side loaded to enable the usb to work, but it's quite basic and I'd prefer an official app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that sideloading of apps has been disabled, my media player app has disappeared 😞

Please can an official app be uploaded to the store so funtionality can be restored?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will add another vote for the USB Player app.

I used this regularly to view photo and video taken on my mobile.

A handy no-frills program that needs to be added to the Now TV App store now Developer mode is disabled

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Voted I would like to see a media player, and also a record function added to record live shows to a USB drive
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also would like a media player app.  What is the point of having a usb/sd slot that is disabled.  My vote is for the usb/sd port to be enabled.  Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Vote here for this to be activated
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Guys

Saying that you've voted for this idea doesn't cut it, you have to press the " + thumbs up" button in your post for the vote to count.

UK Bob 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy CrocodeeDundile voted a fortnight ago, it's just Tiggy22 you need to appeal to. To register a vote they need to click the +VoteUp arrow underneath the vote count, clicking the thumbs button in comments is still just a way of saying thanks and doesn't add to the vote total, even though they are called votes rather than thanks in this section.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Well Andy

Strange, still as long as this idea gets the votes needed to make it a reality then that's all that matters.

Even though I no longer need this facility for myself, I now have a Roku 3, I hope that NowTV looks favourably on it so NowTV black and Smart box users can reap the benefits.

UK Bob