cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix (US) has become famous partly through it's queue function, which allows users to add titles they're interested in to a virtual queue or favourites list. It's a lot easier then writing them down on a scrap of paper.

Netflix UK has oddly never implemented it, despite users repeatedly asking for it. LoveFilm also lacks this feature on their streaming apps. Now TV has 'my movies', which works like Netflix's 'last played', and can work as a queue of sorts by playing a bit of a film you're interested in. It works, but it's clunky.

So how about an 'add to queue' or 'add to my movies' button in the various Now TV apps?  Shouldn't be hard to do, but would be useful.

103 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some call it "My List" (Netflix), some call it "Watchlist" (Amazon Instant Video), some even call it a queue, but regardless of terminology, it's a must have. 

In Now TV there is a last played list, but no way to bookmark or pin favourite (and on-going) series in a convenient place. 

Seems like such an obvious feature, which is probably why your compeition has had such functionality for years. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please scrap your current My TV  option in favour of a 'Favourites' section that is actually useful to us, and not just I list of shows we've already watched. 

I want to be able to watch the next episode of a chosen/favourite series without having to search through your (rather clunky) menu system each time I log in. Also a watch list of sorts would be very useful.

A suggestion of similar shows would be nice too, and maybe a 'last chance' for upcoming episodes of your usual shows just before they expire (like the whole 5 seasons of The Wire did the other day)

Many thanks in advance

x

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watch tv alot its on in the background... im a nightshift worker so when i come home i want to catch up, noticed that it doesnt mark it as watched like netflix does. 

very frustrating to get the control hit play and realise its already been seen and have to go back to the next. 

eeeeeek 

Also ... no subtitles??? How is that a good idea!! Hubby needs subtitles when watching movies or he gets lost. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A vote from me for this too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

100% behind this. Came here to post the exact same thing.

A list of the 100+ programmes I have already watched is pointless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I go to My TV, what I'd like is to be able to say 'I like this program'

(Maybe a 'subscribe to this show' option.

Know what I have watched, and show me the episode AFTER the most recently watched one. So I can work my way through the box sets of something like 24 without having to write down the last episode after I finish watching then go hunting next time.

In My TV, I would want to see the 'subscribed shows'

And then one click from them to 'next unwatched episode'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is exactly what we need. Some kind of 'watchlist' would be extremely useful for keeping track of what films I intend to watch later. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree absolutely with BertBC that a MyTV that only shows programmes we've already watched is of very little use. Favourites would be much better. However, the downfall of online services, whether "catch up" TV or films, is the fact that we as users often note something that we'd like to see, and return later only to find that it's been withdrawn without notice.

If we are attracted to say, Game of Thrones but have never seen it before, we won't be happy if we log on for the first time and discover that the first half of Season 1 has already been withdrawn. The online services that succeed will be the ones that are consistently clear and predictable about how long any given item (film or series) will be available - and who manage to offer popular shows for, essentially, as long as viewers want to watch them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User first half of Game of Thrones missing? All episodes from season 1-3 are still here, and they all clearly show 15 days remaining.