cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I've recently bought an iPad Pro, complete with multitasking features. I'm keen to use the Picture in Picture facility with my Now TV subscription, so that I can do other things on my iPad and have Now TV playing in a corner of the screen.  The system works with other video services, such as BBC iPlayer and ToView but I cannot get it working with Now TV. Is it me?

Thanks. 

John

16 Comments
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

It's not you, so nothing to worry about. However at this moment in time we do not support this feature. 

We are always looking at ways to improve the service for our customers, please keep an eye out for any updates. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl, Can you confirm that this is currently being worked on? - as this is a much needed feature, and dissapointing that NowTV have yet to adpot almost a year from the release of iOS9 for developers.

If not, can this be raised internally & placed on the idea board asap?

Thanks,

Aaron.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, there is no information to share at this moment. But the best place to post about new features/ideas is here. This is where everything is picked up and monitored. Then in return should any come to fruition we will let you know.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Ranj, okay I did already had that.. but the fourm looks like it's designed so you can't post straight to that section.... Posts need to be moved.

Therefore can I confirm that this post has been moved to the ideas section?

Also can you advise of there is a better point of contact to get in touch with the Sky development team on this?

Thanks,
Aaron.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, Please can you advise whether this topic was ever moved across to the ideas thread as suggested?

Please see below post from NowTV -

"If you can't find an idea like yours, simply start a new topic about this idea in any forum section, and we'll review it and move it to the Ideas for NOW TV board if appropriate. At the moment we aren't creating new ideas topics for individual TV shows or movies, so please don't submit those."

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User this thread is already in the Ideas section.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I've posted recently about picture in picture on NowTV.

it's not a new idea because others have done it so why is NowTV behind all these others?

I have already voted but surely it is a major feature.

thanks,

David

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

by Lornie3
on ‎12-08-2016 09:15

it's not a new idea because others have done it so why is NowTV behind all these others?

Really.... Who are these 'others'?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

the ones I know are BBC iPlayer, BT Sport and TV Player. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What playback devices are you using in order to access 'picture within picture'?