cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please Please Please could you add the Syfy Channel? I love the Originals and the Vampire Diaries and would pay monthly every month to watch these.

60 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i agree you should be allowed to 'choose' 2 or 3 channels from a selection of channels available it would be no hardship to implement this and I think it would make more customers content and remove the stigmatised generalised view that NowTV is the poor man's version - not my view btw just what I have read somewhere online.  History, Syfy, Lifetime, Alibi, Watch and Universal tend to be some of the more popular options.  Its surprising how monopolised the subscription tv provisions are in the UK and each provider does not offer a full package if you sign up to paid for service.  Netflix and Amazon try to also entice with their exclusive screenings of shows.  I would have thought by now there would have at least been a way for providers to work in unison offer all the channels through their service and sell the package to the consumer by way of allowing them to build their own package based on their preferred choice of channels.  I am sure providers would more inclined to retain their customers long term if they worked on such a provision in this century!  I can see why people get fed up of all the hassle and opt to take a gamble and access the shows online via less reliable and trustworthy means.  Yes, its a bit of a gamble but you can go to one of these pirate sites and choose the shows you want to watch and not be FORCED to sign up to lengthy contracts and be confined to watch the channels themselves decide to air.  I gave up with SKY subscription just as I did with BT and Talk Talk as I found I was not happy with the service and the continual hike in prices with no account for financial constraints when faced with austerity and this service offers some consolation but if the big wigs as the SKY, VIrgin, BT, Amazon etc working in unison and aligned with Freeview/Freesat there could be a more beneficial and probably more rewarding and subscription provision for all these conglomorates - it really does seem like the 'one upmanship' perspective between these organisations will never waiver and if they looked outside the box they could make for a more forward thinking pioneered way of operating that is geared to running a successful service that actually does 'cater' for the needs of its customer base rather than second guessing all the time.  Really am non-plussed that feedback from its customer base via these types of forums is not fed up the chain and strategies implemented that could make for a more dynamic service and that would probably result in the number of those accessing the pirate service option dwindling as the costs to purchase either channels or shows could be agreed amongst by the providers in a fairer manner making them more competitively priced and so afford the view that accessing via the pirate provision is not really worth the gamble.  If ordinary people can evaluate this surely those running these organisations have considered such a venture and determined that would be a more forward thinking resolution?  Anyway, its perhaps too idealistic a thought and unlikely to transpire as it stands but worth purveying .....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, why isn't SyFy on NowTV when it's a part of the basic Sky subscription package?
It's a perfect fit and frankly there is enough weak content on the nowTV ents package to support some decent original programming, instead of recycled reality show ideas.

Legend 5
Legend 5
There are several shows which fit that bill. SyFy would be a welcome addition. It is one of the shows I only have on one TV. Would be good to have it on both.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black friday deals not available to existing loyal now tv customers, I was going to order a cinema two month pass for a fiver and clicked on tab to purchase,small print mentioned the need to create a new customer account to get the offer, why can't loyal customers get these offers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If sky wants to keep nowtv customers happy they need to provide better channels, and listen to customers comments on here and give a better response as the same questions are asked but no response is given.

here is a few ideas sky could do on improving this site.

1:- do a section saying new channels and apps and updates coming soon.

2:- do a survey to now tv customers with a list of proposed new channels coming on nowtv and see what the customer wants and not what sky thinks they want. ( vice land what a load of rubbish.

3:- respond to customer comments when posted on here, by putting a section saying nowtv responses.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Steve

You know, I agree wholeheartedly with your idea and would support it 100% but, as you can probably guess, NowTV are unlikely to approve any channel that may compete directly with their own offerings.

I, as one voice of many, would like to see UKTV play as am app/channel on the NowTV box but that outcome is highly unlikely.

Anyway, good luck.

UK Bob

PS. I would like something added that should not be controversial, the Roku Media Player which activated the USB port on all NowTV boxes.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Great news, SyFy believers, looks like the channel will finally be coming to NOW TV sometime next year.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/05/syfy-to-join-now-tv-as-part-of-new.html 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes please do add Syfy channel to entertainment pass
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep Syfy channel really should be added to NowTV Entertainment channels this would be so good for the customers on NowTV

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member
Status changed to: Open