cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your service needs to be able to support surround sound. All other services provide this, yet yours does not. Im on a free trial, and unfortunatley wont be renewing due to this. The movie choices and access to channels is really neat and HD quality is pretty good, but the sound is a major let down when considering your main rivals all offering this...

64 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just adding my support here as well as in the Cinema section of the forum...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't beleive this is still a conversation needing to happen 5 years later. When are we getting 5.1 streaming?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky, are you listening? I BELIEVE IN BETTER but your NOWTV box without 5.1 / 7.1 broadcast sound or 1080 video isn't.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I feel the same as some other people, it is very off putting that you need to watch these new and newish films in stereo sound. Actually I gone on to cancel it for this very reason...and they offered me it for a very reduced price...I thought why not...that must have been almost two weeks ago now, I haven't had the box on since, simpy due to the sound format on nowTV..it is just not an appealling thought to turn it on and hear it that way.

But it also has to be said, the box itself boasts up to 7.1 channel sound, but this means absolutely nothing when the nowTV app is only capable of giving us stereo sound, I wouldn't mind if they made the app multi channel audio and it was a bit more expensive...for me then at least it would be useful to me. Kind of sad to me also as I did have high hopes for this and initially was planning to keep it for good and be permantly subbed to it..but when I discovered abou the stereo sound...that idea gone out the window.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same as for so so many other people, but they refuse to listen so lose subscribers left right and centre, I guess they will just become another failed service soon due to their own pig ignorance!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Like all other media streaming companies, NOW TV know exactly what type of devices are being used to access their service and even what type of third-party devices they are connected to (ie: multi-channel reciever and/or television)... It's all in the 'meta-data' 😉

No doubt when NOW TV are satisfied that there are enough subscribers who directly connect their NOW TV playback devices to their surround-sound systems, they'll provide the infrastructure to accomatate them... 

And don't get me wrong, I'd really love to have all the 'bells and whistles' too. Indeed, I'm still shocked that ITV don't offer surround-sound on their broadcast service Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Generous interpretation, I severely doubt the majority of STB satellite subscribers are using AV receivers etc!  I think it's more likely to create tiered content access.  Which is fine, but at least be up front about it.

Mister1
Advocate

Now tv is obviously a popular service but it would be more popular to me and many others if it had 5.1 dolby audio.  Amazon tv is brilliant with its options for sound and at the moment Now tv is not.  Dont we, your customers , who fork out on a regular basis to enjoy the best Now tv content, deserve better? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I too love watching movies on now tv as they get most of the newer premier's. However, one thing that lets the service down for me is the lack of 5.1 surround sound. I understand that not everyone will have a receiver or even care but a lot of people watching tv through now tv will benefit from surround sound.

Netflix and Amazon have it on almost all films and most of the tv series.

Will this ever come to now tv and if so when are we likely to see it?