cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be great if when logged into the site it displayed your username so you can clearly see which account you are logged into.

It should be very easy to impliment and it would be a good thing to have for those who have multiple accounts. It may also save alot of the misatkes people are continuing to have with payments/accounts etc when having multiple accounts as we can see from the huge amount of fourm topics.

It also might help people realise when they have bee auto logged into the incorrect account by a browser for example before they start making accunt changes etc.

I made a quick mock up of how this simple modifaction could by added to the site (see the picture attached). Obviously where it says [username] you would show the users account name, in my case [Raevelyn].

P.S. I thought that was a good place to add the name as people would have to click that to access the account options, eg. the make changes to passess. Therefore you cant miss which one you are logged into.

10 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's a great idea @Anonymous User

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

It would make life easier for some members 🙂

Legend 5
Legend 5

Agreed it would be helpful.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Any plans to add UK TV play to the apps?
Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It would need UKTV to develop a Roku app first (NOW TV boxes are rebadged Roku devices) which they haven't currently done. Best thing is to contact UKTV and encourage them to develop the app.

http://corporate.uktv.co.uk/about/contact-us/

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Guys

The UKTV Play media player is severely under developed and has some way to go before UK TV will adapt or develop it for other platforms.  For example, did you know you cannot cast that players content via Chromecast to your TV.

Here is the answer I got when I asked if it was compatible with Chromecast:

Thank you for your email.

It's not possible to use the app with Google Chromecast at present but it's one of a number of features that we are currently looking into.

You would have thought that a stand-alone TV media player would have Chromecast facilities as part of it's standard package, but apparently not.

Although I have no evidence for my next statement but somehow it makes me think that UKTV is deliberately keeping itself apart and away from developments that are readily available to the public, e.g Roku, Chromecast, Now TV etc.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I personally find the UKTV app on Amazon Fire to be very good, much better than efforts from ITV for example. I don't use any other platforms though so can't compare. As for deliberately avoiding platforms I doubt it, but with everything there's only so much money to develop apps and so many different platforms that smaller companies are willing or able to support.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I find the UKTV app on my fire tablet very good but for the fire stick it is rubbish. Buffering, errors, dropping connection etc. I gave up with it on the stick. Smiley Frustrated

Never had a problem on the tablet though. 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

1) Andy

You said two things, "As for deliberately avoiding platforms I doubt it" and "there's only so much money to develop apps and so many different platforms".  Rolling up both of your comments into one, I believe you're right about UKTV's R&D funds being limited and so has to be carefully rationed but their advancements, if any, are moving at a very (very) slow pace.

2) Casey

Like your fire tablet, UKTV media player works very well on my android tablet, since your fire tablet runs on a non-standard version of android I'm guessing that UKTV found it much easier to adapt the android version of UKTV Play to the fire platform rather than something completely new.

However, and from a personal stand point, I'm trying to move away from watching media on a small screen, i.e. PC, tablet, etc., because I find it more relaxing and more enjoyable watching stuff on my TV screen, that's why I wanted to cast UKTV catch-ups to my TV and the main reason I bought my chromecast device.

I guess (I know) I did not so my "due diligence" thoroughly enough.

UK Bob

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New