cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Well over half of the movies on NOW TV are now subtitled, but unfortunately subtitles aren't currently supported on PCs, although this support should hopefully come in time. For more details on which devices support subtitles and how they work see here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy thankyou for the reply, yes I can see now that PC is missing 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a Samsung TV every time I try subtitles it says they are not available , running out of patience here
Anonymous User
Not applicable
There is a massive debate going on at the minute about captioned showings in cinemas and the lack of them for the Deaf community.
Get with the times and add subtitles so we can all enjoy films together. Stop making Deaf feel left out. Be inclusive
Anonymous User
Not applicable

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I haven't used subtitles much on Now TV because they're mainly on movies at the moment and I don't watch too many films.  I recently watched The Transfiguration which has subtitles and went to bring them up by pressing the star* button, but this did not work.

I thought that pressing * used to open subtitles with one button press?  Instead, * just brought up the standard progress menu from which I could open subtitles with extra button presses.

These additional button presses are inconvenient.  Why make opening subtitles more difficult?  The single press of * was very useful and I would prefer it to be brought back.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM Yeah I agree it's a bit of a pain now. I'm wondering if NOW TV are intending the * button to be reallocated moving forward eg dedicated only to red button services perhaps? 

At the moment too many key combinations bring up the info bar in my opinion eg up, down, left, right, OK, star, play so if they have other plans for the * key I don't know why a tap on say the UP button couldn't be used to toggle subtitles instead.

In the meantime anyone with a NOW TV box who relies on subtitles, the NOW TV app obeys the box's universal captions setting, so I'd recommend from the homescreen going to the Settings > Captions > Captions mode and selecting On always. This way whenever subtitles are available in NOW TV they will appear automatically.