cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Morning,

I think something missing!!!

Like other provider such as Netflix, they offer movies with subtitle at a lower price! 

Now TV should be able to offer that service for must of their movies and, this should normally help deaf people watching films...

Thanks,

Guy

491 Comments
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Subtitles are now available on black NOW TV Box and NOW TV Smart Box, Samsung TV, EE TV, PS4 and Apple TV.

We've already added subtitles for over 80 movies, plus all new movies we add will have subtitles available. So keep an eye open for the S symbol on all your favourite films.

If you’ve got an Entertainment Month Pass, you can watch the following shows with subtitles:

• Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters season 1
  • You, Me and the Apocalypse season 1 
  • Bring the Noise season 1

We'll continue to add subtitles to as many shows, movies and devices as possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-JThanks for the update. And thanks to those who did the work to get this implemented.

I'll consider signing up to Now TV again once the vast majority of content has subtitles across all platforms.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So on the entertainment channels your subtitled content amount to a very very very small % of the programmes available? What a joke? You are small fry when compared to Netflix. What a joke!!
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As time goes on, there will be more and more content with subtitles. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@caseyb1993 as time goes on? They were supposed to launch subtitles in January.. Is now April and they have the absolutely pathetic amount of 3 shows in entertainment package which are subtitles enabled? You for real?

As time goes on... What a useless statement to make! Sky 1 are advertising new drama which looks really good...too bad they don't enable subtitles for those less fortunate.......
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserThe only way you can help them change is to unsubscribe and obtain your entertainment from other sources until Sky resolves this issue. If you keep paying they really have no incentive to change...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Glad to see someone else is on their case... This issue has been going on for years, and its just promise after promise. I gave up on them last year and certainly do not intend to purchase any passes until they improve their act! Thanks for the input on this thread...
Most of the email adverts i get via NowTv are for films I have already seen still eg came out over 12 months ago I think so there is very little that draws me in, however, I notice that Game Of Thrones seasons 1-6 is now being advertised, which I would like to re-watch having watched some of the episodes last year on NowTv ( which, for me, brought up the issue of the lack of subtitles initially ). So....

Can anyone confirm if it comes with subtitles or not?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
The box set did not come with subtitles. I was so looking forward to watching have had to ask freinds for the characters names as no way could I make them out. This is my first year with now TV don't think I will be with them long as a neighbour has now said my TV is too loud. I do rely on subtitles.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your contribution. Which box set were you trying to watch? I hear that they are providing subtitles for some films. It would be nice to know what percentage of their films now have subtitles, you know, is it 10% or 90% or did it ever really get of the ground? If subtitles are available on some things, It would also be good if they let us know in the emails I receive every week for the coming films etc, but I guess its not that important to them! If they told me that subtitles were available on this or that, I might be tempted...
Come on, Now Tv - let your customers know what you are doing to improve your accessability!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Game of Thrones