cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on guys, there are numerous requests on here for an app for Samsung TVs, there's really no excuse for not having one. Samsung are one of the biggest TV suppliers in the UK, surely you're missing a big market opportunity?

225 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guys, seriously, sort it out. Most smart tv's are going to be Samsung, given their quality and speed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My daughter has a samsung smart tv and I would assumed that the app for now tv would have been available.   So any date for when this will happen?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please make a Samsung Smart TV app for NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please develop an app for Samsung Smart TVs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any chance of getting support on Samsung Smart TVs?

I'm disappointed (and surprised) that Samsung TVs don't have a Now TV app, though I was pleasantly surprised that LG Smart TVs do have an app (I have an LG Smart Blu Ray player, that's never actually played BluRays)

I suppose support for Linux would be out of the question, especially as you rely on Silverlight to deliver TV via a browser, we have Moonlight, but that's only available for OpenSuSE and I doubt it would work as well as actual Silverlight (or running Windows browsers under Wine for that matter)

Also, is there a chance of DLNA support for the Now TV box?  I'm not a fan of Plex as I don't think it works as well as the DLNA players on the Smart devices I've already got.  I've been told the Roku boxes (on which the Now TV box is based) have DLNA support through their Media Player app but I can't find a nice sideloadable .zip for that Smiley Sad (despite the efforts of XDA Developers!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, what news on the Samsung App ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv has been the best thing to happen in television for a very longtime thanks for adding the final demand service to the already brimming service provided amazingly brilliant now tv wonders never cease on a final note samsung smart tv need this app added to its list 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, samsung devices are more capable than the Roku LT the NowTV box is based on and does not have the resolution or sound limitations that creates.

But it maybe that NowTV/Sky do not wish to supply the experiance available from their competition.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Other way round...

LG wanted to supply what samsung likely could not be bothered to do...

LG constantly adopt tech more times than other TV makers...

LG are normaly first to agree deals with new technology firms long before the other TV brands this might explain why they are now so big when they were so small...

WE don't know if there is a Exclusive agreement between  LG and NowTV

( but there likely is thats how these deals are done normaly)

Likely Samsung dropped the ball and might now regret not offering a better deal... after losing to LG...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Samsung currently have a whopping 51% of the UK TV market. They also have, as a market share as large as that would command, the widest selection of smart TV apps.

One giant omission is of course, NOW TV. 

Murdoch likes money, this much everyone knows, so I can only assume LG paid him a mountain load of cash to keep NOW TV an LG Smart TV exclusive. So my question is this - how long is the exclusivity period? 6 month? 12 months?

No generic copy and paste "answer" please, don't dodge the question.