cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Him id like to out forward the idea that sky sports content should include a catch up service as it costs more than regular sky sports and they do have a catch up service.

if they did i would be more likely to subscribe as more people are turning to altenat methods instead of paying £35 for a rip off service

12 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Him id like to out forward the idea that sky sports content should include a catch up service as it costs more than regular sky sports and they do have a catch up service.

if they did i would be more likely to subscribe as more people are turning to altenat methods instead of paying £35 for a rip off service

I doubt this will happen as the point of the day/week pass is to allow people to watch live events for a short period of time.  If there was an on demand option then I suspect fewer week passes would be sold and there would be Sunday binge watching on the day pass.

As for the alternate methods, they are less reliable.  I have no problem paying £7 a game or £11 for a week including up to 5 premier league games.   Don't need the monthly pass as most weeks are broken by the FA Cup and Champions Leeague, so on average I use one day pass and one week pass a month.

Legend 5
Legend 5
Maybe a repeats channel for Sky Sports e.g plus 24 might be better.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I second this. Want to watch the F1 season. I usually can't watch live. A 24 hour on demand service would see my buy 20x day passes. My money in your bank at least!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree with this. Has to be an on demand section. Its expensive enough so surely this is asking very little.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It would cost millions for an 'on-demand' sports service to be set-up and maintained.

And what sports would 'sports fans' want prioritised? Everyone has their favourites and you can't have them all available via an 'on-demand' service as the data storage requirements would be huge - adding to the expense!

In comparison to the 'Entertainment' and 'Cinema' services, yes the 'Sports' service is expensive. It has to be because the exclusive rights to some of the sports are very expensive!

And personally speaking, I don't want my 'Entertainment' and 'Cinema' subscriptions being used to subsidise (anymore of) the 'Sports' service Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How would it cost millions? Why wouldn't they leverage the existing Sky Sports on demand infrastructure, in the same way that they leverage the existing movies and entertainment on demand infrastructure? All of thie content is already available on demand online via Sky Go, it wouldn't cost millions to allow access to it via NOW.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member
Status changed to: Open

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV should provide a catch up for live events in the last 48 hours.  This weekend the GAA hurling semi clashes with the cricket and the football and though it is repeated at 1am, it would be good if it was available an hour or so after transmission for a day or two.  When the new football season starts in earnest having all the match choice games available at 10pm would be better than having to wait until 2am.  It might even convince me to get a monthly pass to see extended highlights of all the games.

And as pointed out this is all there via Sky on demand on Sky and Virgin, so shouldn't be difficilt to provide exactly the same on Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Second this, Now TV Sports must be the only streaming service in existence that doesn't include an on demand service. Only time I've tried the sports pass was for the Australian GP - I thought I'm not going to get up at 4am or whatever, but I bought a day pass thinking I'll watch with breakfast, assuming there would be an on demand option. Since it turned out there wasn't, I ended up just waiting to watch the better Channel 4 coverage at lunchtime anyway, a waste of money on a day pass, won't be doing that again