cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do I need to say anything more? Red button.... I am a Galatasaray fan. Sky sport has 2-3 game of my team during whole season, no point to subscribe. luckily there is now tv. But Galatasaray's game always on Red Button ! And now tv doesn't have red button. Come on guys, is it to hard job for you to add red button on now t ?!

66 Comments
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

If you’ve got a NOW TV Smart Box, you can now use Red Button and interactive services on live BBC channels. Just hit the red button on your NOW TV remote to get started. Got a NOW TV remote without a red button? No problem – just use the star (*) button to access interactive services through your NOW TV Smart Box instead.

Keep in mind you can't use the Red Button on any of the Sky Sports channels at the moment.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

If you’ve got a NOW TV Smart Box, you can use Red Button and interactive services on live BBC channels. Just hit the red button on your NOW TV remote to get started. Keep in mind You can't use the Red Button on any of the Sky Sports channels at the moment.

Got a NOW TV remote without a red button? No problem – just use the star (*) button to access interactive services through your NOW TV Smart Box instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What about those who have neither a Nowtv box or Nowtv remote handset?

How do we access the Red button

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

What about those who have neither a Nowtv box or Nowtv remote handset?

How do we access the Red button

The current red button feature is for accessing services provided by the BBC on a NOW TV box @Anonymous User

If you want to access the BBC's 'red button' service using non NOW TV branded devices, you'll have to ask the other device manufacturers 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J wrote:

If you’ve got a NOW TV Smart Box, you can use Red Button and interactive services on live BBC channels. Just hit the red button on your NOW TV remote to get started. Keep in mind You can't use the Red Button on any of the Sky Sports channels at the moment.

Got a NOW TV remote without a red button? No problem – just use the star (*) button to access interactive services through your NOW TV Smart Box instead.

I just bought a NOW TV smart box and using the * button on the BBC channels doesn't seem to do anything; I just get the option to toggle the subtitles on/off. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

My smart box only works on the BBC 1 or BBC 1 HD channels for using the red button service by clicking on the * button then an option appears on screen to either launch the Red button service or Turn on Subtitles.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member
Status changed to: Open

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just so people know... 

Currently the BBC does not offer 'red button' services on BBC News HD and BBC4 HD via Freeview

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apparently waiting a minute or two before trying to access the red button services did the trick, crisis averted!

Anonymous User
Not applicable