cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I understand that I can set parental controls on my Nowtv account online...

However, wouldn't it be a better idea to be able to set parental controls on the box itself?

The reason I ask is because we have a 17 year old and a 11 year old that both have a Nowtv box - they require different age allowances... but I can only select one age to cover them both... not practical!

Think you should incorparate this as I'm sure a lot of these little white boxes will be used in Childrens bedrooms.

Thank you

4 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there nothing came up when I searched within ideas.

It would be great to have an option to set parental controls on an individual box basis. For example I have 2 boxes, one my mother uses the other used by my child. I have it set to PG which is a pain for my mum who has to use the pin on everything she watches. It would be great if I could have one set to PG and the other without a restriction.

The other thing is the box options eg apps that are downloaded. Again this would be ideal on a per box basis as my child has no need for the facebook app which my mum uses, or some of the streaming apps eg itv player. Equally my mum doesn't want the kids apps appearing on her box.

Thanks for reading 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes

I have two boys ages 8 & 9 and they have a Now TV box in there bedroom, and I have another in my bedroom, as well as the Lounge.

There are programms on Now TV that I dont want made available to my kids in their bedroom due tothe  adult content content, but applying the parental restriction to my account will mean I will not be able to watch these programms myself.

This is a brilliant service but would like better perantal control over each box seporatly.

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

if you set parental controls on the PG setting on your account, then you will be able to watch any programmes you want on your box, it's just that you will have to enter your PIN to do so.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have my parental controls set for my children so it is at PG for the Now tv movies - if they go into any of the apps eg You Tube does it control the content or are they seeing content for adults? If so can I change that?

@Anonymous User wrote:

I understand that I can set parental controls on my Nowtv account online...

However, wouldn't it be a better idea to be able to set parental controls on the box itself?

The reason I ask is because we have a 17 year old and a 11 year old that both have a Nowtv box - they require different age allowances... but I can only select one age to cover them both... not practical!

Think you should incorparate this as I'm sure a lot of these little white boxes will be used in Childrens bedrooms.

Thank you