cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you please add the ability to skip the pre-show promos for future updates?

They're putting me off watching shows such as Southpark where there is one at the start of every single episode.

I agree that they can help us make the most out of our passes by showing us shows we might have missed, but within a few seconds:

• We already watch the show that is advertised and so don't need to see the promo
  • We know about the show already and have no interest whatsoever in it

Only about 1 times in 50 is there a show that I don't already know about, and if it did grab my attention I would keep watching the promo.

It would just be nice to have a choice in the matter instead of having to endure clips of something we have already seen or don't care about, when we just want to sit down and watch something in our free time.

Thanks

26 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

These unskippable trailers must stop.

When I pay a subscription I do not want adverts of any kind even trailers.

If you had a skip feature where I can press a button to skip trailers i'm not interested in then I wouldn't mind but I can't skip them and quite often they are tv shows that do not interest me at all.

You almost lost me as a customer today because of them. If you hadn't had offered me the 4 months discount I would have gone. In fact if you weren't forcing me to watch trailers I would still be paying full price for Nowtv. So either way you have lost money by forcing me to watch trailers I am not interested in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am paying NowTV for a service yet we still get promos before every movie and every tv episode . They have made them impossible to skip just to make it extra annoying. Netflix, iPlayer and Amazon Prime don’t do this, are Nowtv making a deliberate effort to be the worst streaming service? If I wasn’t stuck in a twelve month deal I would have cancelled.
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member
Status changed to: Open

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another vote here for promo removal, I cancelled Sky TV years back because I got fed up of adverts on my paid service and switched to competitor streaming services, the past few days every time I start NowTV on PS4 I get a promo, I won't put up with it, it needs to be disabled.

Move it to a promo show on the front page or something you can choose to watch if it has to exist.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I have just recently started being forced to sit through promos for other shows/films that I have no interest in. I mute the TV for the duration, but they're still wrong on a paid for service. 

Also, what is the point of them?

You provide a service that people pay for monthly and enjoy. You then force them to watch promos for other shows/films, which upsets them and forces them to forums to compain, or stop using the service all together. What does it matter if they watch these or not? People generally know what they want to watch by either talking to other people or browsing through the listings.

I will not be staisfied with a skip button, I want them to stop! 

I will not continue to use Now TV if you don't change this back to how it was. There are plenty of other options out there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just cancelled. Nowtv will not get another  penny from me unless this stops.

Being able to skip, is not acceptable, it must be the ability to permanently turn trailers off.

Nowtv is an on demand service, I paid to watch the programs i want, not to be forced to watch stuff i don't. 

It's as simple as that for me personally.