cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you please add the ability to skip the pre-show promos for future updates?

They're putting me off watching shows such as Southpark where there is one at the start of every single episode.

I agree that they can help us make the most out of our passes by showing us shows we might have missed, but within a few seconds:

• We already watch the show that is advertised and so don't need to see the promo
  • We know about the show already and have no interest whatsoever in it

Only about 1 times in 50 is there a show that I don't already know about, and if it did grab my attention I would keep watching the promo.

It would just be nice to have a choice in the matter instead of having to endure clips of something we have already seen or don't care about, when we just want to sit down and watch something in our free time.

Thanks

26 Comments
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

Can you please add the ability to skip the pre-show promos for future updates?

They're putting me off watching shows such as Southpark where there is one at the start of every single episode.

I agree that they can help us make the most out of our passes by showing us shows we might have missed, but within a few seconds:

• We already watch the show that is advertised and so don't need to see the promo
  • We know about the show already and have no interest whatsoever in it

Only about 1 times in 50 is there a show that I don't already know about, and if it did grab my attention I would keep watching the promo.

It would just be nice to have a choice in the matter instead of having to endure clips of something we have already seen or don't care about, when we just want to sit down and watch something in our free time.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for taking your time to provide feedback on the features we are missing. We will feed it back to the dev team and hopefully they can introduce an option allowing customers to turn promo's On/Off.

Thanks again,

Tony

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks @Tony-D
Even if it is just a skip button available after a few seconds it would make it much less frustrating.
Thanks
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Even better an app setting to turn those promos off completely.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, absolutely....we need to be able to turn off promos completely.

We have the box, we can search the shows for what we want to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
An option should HAVE been added to both skip and not show promos etc when this was added to the box, It is most annoying and spoils the enjoyment of the shows that i have paid to watch. If this is not added then i can see many subscribes leaving the service! Please sort ASAP and not maybe.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I repeat my original request in this post please. The ads are back on every show I watch...

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have to say I can't disagree with anything that has been said in the comments at the very least Skip functionality does need to be added. It wouldn't be so bad if you only got the promos every once in awhile, but you now get them every time you try and watch something. I even get them when trying to watch movies on the sky Cinema pass

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree you should be able to switch it off completely as an option, I'm getting seriously frustrated when I want to watch a film and the promos are always there. Please sort this out.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get rid of these unskippable ads or lose a customer.