cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi just a thought that perhaps the folks at Now tv will consider to implement.
Anyone who has kids and now tv will probably use the parental lock feature.

This works fine, however, with regards to the horror films which crop up in the JUST ADDED section, the movie poster images are pretty freaky and I'd imagine scary to some kids.

After all kids use Now tv too and need to be protected as well.
I suggest frosting out the image to match the level of security used by the parental lock.

Thanks for reading and I hope this idea is considered further.

18 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Tbh I had this chat with my wife. We thought a dedicated NowTV kids app like Sky do would be ideal. So separate entity completely opening the same section bypassing all the gumpf and having parental lock if needed on the box the kids use as to not open the NowTV app. My kid asked me what American Horror Story was the other day so she obviously read it when I was getting to Cartoon Network
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How it should work... Open the kids app and to exit you have to input a lock password. This way you can give the child full control of the remote while the kids app is open with no worries. The homepage needs to be more discreet while navigating to the kids app because you can see content from the other packages while navigating and some of the thumbnails and even names of films/programmes aren't good for young children.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would implore you to look at this. Having spent last night with my 8 year old waking frequently due to some posters she'd seen whilst looking through the films it seems insane that you don'r have any level of filtering for young eyes.

These are the kinds of images that stick with you for a lifetime and certaily I never saw anything this disturbing when I was that age.

I hope in ten years doen the line I'm not paying my Sky bill whilst hoping my serial killer daughter doesn't hit me with a hammer.

Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member
Status changed to: Open

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is an issue that’s been overlooked and is causing stress to parents. A friend of mine the other day cancelled their now tv in favour of another company due to their child becoming scared of a movie poster. Lock it down for kids sakes
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member
Status changed to: Open

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That is such a fab idea. I have kids around of variable age. The blurring out or frosting of unsuitable images would definitely be beneficial and welcomed here!