cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi just a thought that perhaps the folks at Now tv will consider to implement.
Anyone who has kids and now tv will probably use the parental lock feature.

This works fine, however, with regards to the horror films which crop up in the JUST ADDED section, the movie poster images are pretty freaky and I'd imagine scary to some kids.

After all kids use Now tv too and need to be protected as well.
I suggest frosting out the image to match the level of security used by the parental lock.

Thanks for reading and I hope this idea is considered further.

18 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I actually like your idea of frosting/blurring out images according to rating. I think some people might find it annoying though (the adults) when browsing through lists so i think if its implimented it needs to be an optional/additional option of the parental pin feature maybe.

Great idea though, hopefully somebody will move it to the idea forum for you later 🙂

I'm still hoping parental pin is improved too. It should protect the box as a whole.. it should really be able to lock apps/stop children using them and installing/unistalling them. You can protect your children from watching content in nowtv app but every other app on the box is open to them.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Raevelyn wrote:

I actually like your idea of frosting/blurring out images according to rating. I think some people might find it annoying though (the adults) when browsing through lists so i think if its implimented it needs to be an optional/additional option of the parental pin feature maybe.

Great idea though, hopefully somebody will move it to the idea forum for you later 🙂

could be a good idea, but I agree it would need to be optional. If it was implemented

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi just a thought that perhaps the folks at Now tv will consider to implement.
Anyone who has kids and now tv will probably use the parental lock feature.

This works fine, however, with regards to the horror films which crop up in the JUST ADDED section, the movie poster images are pretty freaky and I'd imagine scary to some kids.

After all kids use Now tv too and need to be protected as well.
I suggest frosting out the image to match the level of security used by the parental lock.

Thoughts welcome 

Thanks for reading and I hope this idea is considered further.

(originally posted in Cinema section) 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User,

Would you prefer your original topic about the same subject moved into this Kids sub-section instead of the Cinema sub-section?

And can you please refrain from using ALL CAPITOL LETTERS in your topic titles as it is considered SHOUTING, which is very rude.

Many thanks  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wasn't shouting,it's subject matter and it got your attention.

Job done ! I hope Now TV staff take note

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

I'm going to move this into our ideas section where others can vote on it.

Thanks for your suggestion!

- Simon

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is an essential feature;   my 8 year old son asked me how he could stop the horror images appearing in the menu.   Unfortunately there is no way currently.   

Listing family movies; disney and pixar - side by side with Horror is a bit of an own goal by NowTv.

NowTv could:

have an area under 'my account' where you choose what menus are visible.
have menus locked unless a pin is entered e.g   the title of the menu is shown but no images; then when if someone wants to browse the category  they have to enter the pin.

and of course the other suggestions on this thread.

J

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I didn't think I'd be the only one who has kids that thought this made sense.
Thanks for the support, let's hope tech guys can implement.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

DEfo an issue for me as my son who is 3 was sitting with his sister aged 8 who was looking under family and again new added films come up even if you go on horror by accident we should be able to pin it out - my boy witnessed a film cover and we have now gone back to nappies as petrified...im even considering leaving now tv because of it. A simple thing which should be dealt with. And why i keep getting asking for a pin to watch cbeebies programs???