cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can we have an option via the website to set up payment via Direct Debit please?

11 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From what I understand is they cant do it as it is against their "rules".

The direct debit scheme has it own certain rules about charging back if you are unsatisfied and in all honesty I dont think it would be a good idea for NOW TV implimenting it by looking at their recent performance 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As NOWTV is a non contract service, which one can opt in or out from, paying by DD wouldn't work successfully.

Even if one had a variable DD there would be lots of admin problems involved.

At one time only the company one was paying could cancel a continuous payment agreement by credit card but, certainly with my bank, that no longer applies.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I know of a Direct Debit company that can run this for NowTV, they do it for another company in the same sector, it should not be an issue. Any suggestions how I can put this across to NowTV, it would be much better for me and I assume most people to use Direct Debits.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How about allowing Direct Debit as a payment option? Saves problems when cards expire, cards get replaced and saves any costs incurred processing card payments! Maybe take the first payment via a card then all future payments by direct debit if setup that way payment remains in advance?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry direct debits are usable by under 18s... and verification of age is required... 

Maestro cards were not allowed because they are issued to under 18s... and will not verifiy the age of the users... 

Direct debit likely wont be allowed either...

debit cards are used for verification of payment and age in one check up...

I don't like direct debits because ZERO checks are done to see if the Info is right...

Ive on purpose Spelt my hole name wrong  first and last put my post code and street name wrong on the same form. date of birth wrong... All on purpose and the payment was still set up...    

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's why I said the initial setup and first payment can be done via card then allow the ability to pay via direct debit. That way you can confirm identity, take the initial payment so it is paid in advance and that allows time to setup and take the first direct debit so nothing is in arreas.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV is one of the only things I pay by Credit Card and, to my mind, the advantage is that I can cancel and restart payments at will as well as apply vouchers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not on about replacing any payment methods. Simply adding an option of seting up a direct debit as an additional payment option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hello, 

Just a quick question here, Is there anyway you can change the payment date? 

thanks

Callum

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User there is no direct debit, just a reoccuring debit/credit card charge. If you want to change the date, cancel your current pass and then restart it on the date you want it to begin.