cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Will you be creating a now tv app for Sony Bravia TVs as this has been requested quite a few times on here
21 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not impressed at all as I chose my TV specifically because it was an android tv and as I can download the app for all my other android devices I assumed that would ALSO  be the case for my new TV .

At the moment I have it running through the app on my XBox one as that is the only way I can get a decent picture on the TV .

Not ideal is it , dissapointing to be honest I doubt I will bother buying again as there is no disclaimer saying the same on the payment page , you just have to rely on opening every link on the site until you drop on the not available bit .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can we have an official update on this?

I have also recently purchased an Android TV and was shocked to find that there is no supported NOW TV app. Android TV is becoming an extremely popular choice so it can only pay to port the application!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why it does not let me cast from my phone to TV

every time I try it stops streaming and come with message saying we don't support HDMI streaming to your TV.

Is there a solution around this problem or is it just to force people to buy now TV boxes

@Anonymous Userwrote:
Will you be creating a now tv app for Sony Bravia TVs as this has been requested quite a few times on here

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So the way around this is to buy a Now TV box? I've got my eye on a Sony TV and don't want to have to get an LG or Samsung

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. The only way to watch NOW TV on a Sony TV currently is to use an external device, although it doesn't have to be a NOW TV box or stick. 

Have a look at the following list of supported devices as you might find you already have something that you can watch entertainment on. If not, a NOW TV stick is probably your cheapest option.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy. I currently watch on a tablet but will get a stick then when I get my TV. Thanks again 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I find the lack of an available app on the Sony TVs pretty shocking as well.
FYI though if you’ve got a mobile/iPhone you can use the NowTV app to stream or watch content and easily chromecast it over to your Sony TV. Works really well for me. Cheers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Smart TVs are a con in my view. Have a Bravia in every room of my house and the only one that is “smart” is by far the worst of the 3. Better spending money on a flagship model and connecting a device to support apps like this. Don’t be put off buying an outstanding tv due to poor app support.