cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some films in Now TV's catalogue have ratings (from Sky Go users apparently), but some have no rating at all. I can of course fire up IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes on my iPad, but building that functionality into the apps would be great.

Microsoft and Apple show Rotten Tomatoes ratings in their movie services (Xbox Video and iTunes/Apple TV). They're pretty much the gold standard, so why not strike a deal and put some credible ratings up front in the Now TV apps?

30 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOPE As allready stated its enabled on the NowTV box... blended is the 4th film you can access... with out even changing the film section on the now TV box... It just easier to screen grab PC version than a HDCP HDMI box...  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes correct buddy. It seems less than three star ratings do appear, although not very often. More often than not, no stars seems to correspond with a bad film.

Plastic appears to have no rating. That seems to be represented as zero stars on the web UI and the absense of any rating on the NowTV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would love to see IMDB ratings integrated into NowTV.

In the meantime I have cobbled together a web page which has a simple list of all movies with the IMDB ratings, which I use when choosing what to watch. Thought I would share it here in case others find it useful. It's at http://nowtvmovieratings.ml/ 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

lammy1982:

I would love to see IMDB ratings integrated into NowTV.

Considering IMDb is owned by Amazon I can't see it happening Smiley Surprised

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you not make up your own mind that you base your viewing on what other people think? I must admit though, enabling an IMDb pop ups with info about movie, TV show, cast, crew etc.. Would be great. But please! Don't rely on ratings to guide you .. Work panned today often become tomorrow's cult classics and in short supply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I completely agree. We need rotten tomatoes. Although taste in film in obviously subjective, its very reliable for ratings. I watched I Origin, a very well acted, well produced film with a great concept and it's only got 2 or 3 stars. Another film called 'One night in lstanble' has 3 stars. It's the biggest waste of time and money ever produced by any film company and it really shouldn't even be So easily available to watch. I really wonder whether anyone has watched these films before they rate them. Reform!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watched a film that sounded real good and had 4 stars to it but although we watched it all expecting something to happen overall we found that the storyline was ok it was very very slow going to the point I nearly fell asleep through it, I would like to add my own rating to this particular film but find I can't, found this thread and see that it has been asked for for some time now...............are we to presume that NowTV don't take any notice of their customers?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
A must see .... Continuum
10/10 from me and my husband
I would love to give this movie a 5star rating
If it were possible to do so . Now tv please give an option for us to be able to do this ..

This film is definitely one of the best I've seen in a while .
The theory of everything is amazing too .
I hope to see more films like this here .

Thank you
From Mk
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Everyone is correct. Not everyone's 5 star movie will appeal to everyone and nor will everyone dislike a zero star movie.
Most importantly what I'm trying to say is everyone has their own choices and reasons to watch or not to watch and like a five or zero star movie so shouldn't we be given the choice to click a star or not after watching a nowtv movie?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why have a rating system at all if the people paying to watch them cant rite them seems total pointless to me.