cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear NowTV

Kids will be kids and asking them to look away whilst you enter the Parental Pin will result in the kids having full control of their veiwing preferences at some point.

Is there any way you can develop a solution to hide the parental pin when it is requested to be entered?

TIA.

7 Comments
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Superb idea, completely agree with you.

It would be great if they could implement something like Amazon Fire TV devices use, where entering a PIN requires you to press different buttons on the remote to represent the numbers rather than selecting the numbers onscreen (up, down, left, right, OK each represent five different digits, you use menu to shift to the other five digits). With that system anyone looking at the screen can't tell which numbers you've chosen.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Until I finished reading your post. I was about to say the now TV remote doesn't have enough buttons to do that, but with the way you've thought about implementing it. It does have enough buttons.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 I can't take credit for that idea, it's Amazon's! The star key on the NOW TV remote would make a good toggle key between the two sets of digits though!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree. The current system is wholly insecure and not at all suitable for the intended purpose of protecting children.

The Amazon box initially had the same issue and then an update to new system fixed it. It's dead simple and highly effective and NowTV need to do the same type of solution ASAP.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Agreed although I am doing this just to check what my forum name is
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: New

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Put a passcode on to allow apps to be downloaded.