cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please add a TV Catchup app to Now TV.

This is very useful for people who use the Now TV box on a telvision in a location that does not receive any digital signal,

65 Comments
Anonymous User
Not applicable

And it needs to be a SUBSCRIPTION option, NOT pay per episode...

Pay per episode is being offered direct on ITUNES and Amazon instant is due this year in UK now that Lovefilm has canceled the Game services and merging with amazon prime allready, youll only lose out to APPLE and Amazon Exclusive episodes deals... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have an app for watching freeview, this would benefit both NOWTV (SKY) and customers as sky could sell More now tv devices opening up the potential for more subscriptions to the packages.<br><br>more customers would buy the box as they wouldn't have to rely on weather and a good reception to be able to watch freeview as it would be streamed. Plus customers would use the box more as they wouldn't have to keep flicking between freeview and NOW TV as it would be in the same place.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky is not allowed to broadcast freeview content and charge the User for it....

These apps won't be made by NowTV... Only there content owners can... 

If you want Freeview for HDTV, get a free freeview or Freesat HD box, Thats the BBC and ITVs stand on it currently.

Boxes that have a HDTV as a primary Display won't get any Freeview streaming apps...

The BBC confirmed This stance by releasing a Live streaming app that streamed Non freeview content on HDTVs called the Red button app, this was later turned in to BBC sport app  and released on More set top boxes which streams non Freeview Sport content Live to HDTV enabled boxes...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Freeview or Freesat added to nowtv box. I then could free up one of my HDMI sockets. The one box to view it all....
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Now tv wouldn't have to charge the user for the freeview side of it, but as the user would then already own the now tv device sky have the opportunity to sell the add-on packages such as entertainment or movies. I think freeview would just make the device more appealing to people wanting to buy a device, and gives sky a wider audience to sell add-ons to.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is one box to view it all! It's called YouView

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bandwidth and servers are not free... You have to pay for them...

Even though freeview streaming apps would never be created by NowTV because NowTV does not own freeview content channels.

The Freeview companies that create them would all have to agree to live stream on this device... and BBC currently do not allow live channel streaming on HDTV enabled devices...

And ITV spent there money on a platform that all ready streams ITV Live and has NowTV... and catch up content from Freeview channels...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can only view movies on now tv app for youview due to rights issues, live tv streaming is not available unlike the now tv box which obviously can do it all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The nearest you are likely to get to this being implemented is TVPlayer (www.tvplayer.com), hopefully that will come to Roku and be added to the Now TV Box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have just got the now tv box which i really like as i cant afford skys stupid prices but would love it if now tv and freeview were on the same box saves alot of hassle switching between the two devices and when is itv player coming to now tv and hope the price of the entertainment bundle stays the same or freeview will win and now tv will be heading to a dark cubard thanks