cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please add a TV Catchup app to Now TV.

This is very useful for people who use the Now TV box on a telvision in a location that does not receive any digital signal,

65 Comments
Legend 5
Legend 5
They would need to prove that you watched content @Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Not applicable

True, but that wouldn't stop them taking me to court

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

There is an article with some good advice about "Do i need a TV Licence" on the Money Saving Expert website.

Here's the link below if anybody wants a read.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

TV licencing are nothing but vultures. Smiley Mad

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User doesn't mean that they would win. Being taken to court is not evidence of guilt or fault.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

For anyone who has not purchased a TV licence,

Currently, the main thing you have to consider is... If you do access a 'live stream' your access data (which is very detailed) will be stored on a server somewhere and can be used against you 😉

Enjoy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not a problem for me 

I have not watched live TV in over a year now

ukbobboy
Legend

Guys

Since the TV licence laws were updated, if you have access to BBC's iPlayer then you must have a licence, whether you have access to live TV or not no longer matters.

Check out this URL:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/bbc-iplayer-and-the-tv-licence

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5
@ukbobboy I know that is why I said previously you need one for iPlayer 😎
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says You must be covered by a TV Licence to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any device and provider you use. So it does not say if you have access, it says if you use it.